Semi-official OFFICIAL Pride March 2007 Crossing Thread

thulewx

OK - I'll admit I'm being a complete boor and showing my obsessive-compulsive controlling attitude here, but I thought it might be nice to have a single "stop-n-shop" place for Crossers. We can talk about what to wear, etc - so this is sort of a Cross-dressing thread :rolleyes: ...

I don't think I've cruised with y'all so I'll intro myself a little... Born in El Paso. For the last 12 years I've been a meteorologist (paid professional liar) under contract to the Air Force at Thule Air Base in Northern Greenland (it's currently -5º and snowing, but at least we have 24 hour sunlight now). I've done around 25 cruises on various lines. I've lurked around the Seabourn site a while and finally decided to take the plunge as a retirement present to myself. I'm slightly over 50, single, don't dance too well but do trivia, bridge, Liar's club (It's my job, after all...), and look like Tom Selleck's twin. (guess which part is a lie...). I don't look too good in pink, but think I'm going to learn :p .

Next??....

My name is Miss Martita B, Cowgirl, schemer/plotter, instigator of Galas, Parties and rendezvous' forthe M/V Seabourn Pride vessel. (many aboard refer to me as the Pride Scalawag Rascal)

I will be boarding in Ft. Lauderdale, Port Everglades, on March 19, 2007.

You can not miss me as I will be totin' cardboard box's and bags....wearing a "longhorn" tiara! (Port Terminal Security knows me.......they just roll their eyes and say, "OH LORDY, here she comes!!! OH NO!!! Surely hope she didn't bring her guns, ropes, handcuffs, bows 'n arrows, swords, knives, TNT, water pistols or blow-up Elvis impersonater this year!!!)

My quote for today: "Blessed be for those who are cracked......for it is they, dear Lord, who let in the light!" Amen

Miss Martita

Cowgirl turned Blue Water Seabourn Sailor

GOOD NEWS FOR THE PRIDE MARCH 2007 CROSSERS

This morning I did an unofficial "head count" of the Crossing "Gang"......I have around 22 Pride-ites that have booked!

If you have made a booking, please post here.

Also, if you are planning to host a party or event during the Transatlantic Cross, again please let us know.

Looking forward to the 12 sea days of pure wonder and magic! (and Mayhem~~hahaha)

Martita

22?!! Wow - wonder where they're hiding...

Miss M... I finally got through all the photos - looks like a grand time was had by all. My PJ's are in the mail!

I just wish it were closer to March 18th. I have no patience!! ;)

Did I read correctly that several folks stay the night before at the 17th St. Embassy Suites? I want to spend a couple days in FLL before the cruise...

Thulewx: I am staying at the Embassy Suites the night before the crossing. They have a deal that for $6 over the room rate, they transfrer you to the ship. May be an option worth considering. Looking forward to meeting you. Can't wait to see your color coordinated garter belts with your kilt! :D

Miss M: In addition to the Pride 2007 crossing, I have also booked the March 2008 "Pride In Pink" crossing as well! This is Miss Martita's claim to fame and a not-to -be-missed "Signature Seabourn Pride" event. For you singles out there, I got a 150% single run-of-ship fare 23 months before sailing! Couples may be in for a similar experience in booking the "guarantee" suites! Shall I start a new thread for the Pride Mar. 2008 Trans-Atlantic for the die-hard crossers?

thulewx, YES, most of us will fly into Ft. Laud on March 18th. We'll be dining at "Mark's" that evening. I believe cruisin' Matt is arranging our transportation to the restaurant. I will e-mail you as to my 3/18th hotel.

(I found a "secret" jewel last weekend while in Ft. Lauderdale)

Sounds like a wonderful plan!

Enjoy your day!

MB

Hello kids....feel a bit like I'm crashing a private party. Can we come in?:rolleyes:

Just booked the March transatlantic and we'll be Seabourn virgins. Have cruised many times on Princess, Cunard, etc. but our first time on Seabourn.

We have suite 100. Will it be ok? It's a strange shape and next to the laundry room.:confused: I have a feeling that's all that's left! We are good sailors so we won't mind any wave action up in the front of the ship.

We love days at sea but are wondering if there are any lectures or movies offered. We never miss trivia so that will keep us busy, too.

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers, Dee and John

Welcome Dee & John - I'm a newbie here, too...

Matt - We will be a party of one (I love using the imperial singular "We" ;) ) and probably staying at the 17th st. Embassy Suites. Sign "us" up for dinner & shuttle!!

Phil from Greenland - you are on the list!!!

Welcome Dee and John - thanks for stealing one of the best suites on the Pride!!! :( :D

Martita - your idea for a style show has me intruiged!!! My mind is suddenly swimming with ideas........

Seabourn Pride March 19, 2007 Crosser's

I am compiling a list of the sailor's I know that have booked the Crossing.

I will post these shortly. I hope I don't leave anyone off the list. I know of a few booking this month while on the Legend Crossing.

Martita

p.s. I will also start a new thread as to Pride Crossing

events, parties, dinner's, cocktail affairs and styleshows.

Hi kids! Thank you for the welcome - and for your reassurances re suite 100. Sounds like there won't be a dull moment on this cruise! Please count us in for all of the events - whatever they may be!

Now, you may not hear from us for rather extended periods but that doesn't mean we have disappeared! Next week we are off to So. America to see Machu Picchu and the Galapagos.

Oh! What about this referral program? Anyone want to refer us? Email us at muskox@lycos.com. Thanks!

Cheers,

Dee and John

For those of you who have done the transatlantic...

If you've done it in this March timeframe, how's the weather generally? Is mid-ocean coolish? Breezy much of the time?

How are the seas generally?

Ever run into a storm or rough seas and if so, how did the ship handle it?

Thanx...:D

Thule-ee, I am pleased to report that the past 5 years on the Pride March Crossing we've had grrreat weather (this year, however we did have two VERY large waves that hit us:eek: absolutely NO warning!! ) A few morning's we may experience "sprinkles", but by noon it's warm and the sun is shining. Most sea days Guests are lounging on deck, akin to lizards. Do bring a light jacket for the Sky Bar.

I continue to add names to our March 2007 Pride Crossing list. Hopefully my two good "buddies" BP and JG will book this week.

MB

Are these the "celebrities" you mentioned earlier?

British Prince?, Brad Pitt? Bill Parcells?, Bill PGates ?

Jeff Gordon?, Jane Goodall?, James or Jennifer Garner ?

Inquiring minds need to know!!;) :p

Thule-ee, NO, but you're close~~~~:confused:

These "two character's" are from Dallas......good friends of Chef Dean Fearing. (Mansion on Turtle Creek)

I won't be revealing the "Celebrity" until I know he/she has booked!:cool:

Actually, we'll have 208 Celebrities aboard our March 2007 Crossing, along with 165 Celebrity crew members!:p

MB

Archived