another miami question - sorry

princess76021

how do you know where to look for a hotel? where is the airport in conjuction to the piers? what section of miami do you look for a hotel? how do you get from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the piers? are there any hotels that have free transfers?

help!!!!!!!

thanks a bunch

how do you know where to look for a hotel? where is the airport in conjuction to the piers? what section of miami do you look for a hotel? how do you get from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the piers? are there any hotels that have free transfers?

help!!!!!!!

I typically book in DT Miami near Bayside Marketplace. I remember taxi costing around $30 from airport..a couple years ago. Area near Bayside Marketplace is very close to pier. It's also a great place to shop and eat. Cost for taxi to pier from hotel would be minimal. Take my word...don't use the transfers offered by the hotel or cruiseline. $$$ saved, if any, is not worth having to wait. Cruise transfers typically cost more than taxi because they charge per person.

I would suggest that you stay near the port. There are some good choices. The area around the airport is not that great and I would avoid it if all possible. Some of the hotels around the port are The Marriott Biscayne Bay, Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Doubletree, Radisson and a few others.

Not sure what your budget is but if you are looking for a clean place and not a lot of frills, many folks on here like the Holiday Inn due to it's location. It is across the street from Bayside Marketplace and is the closest hotel to the port.

http://www.hiportofmiami.com/

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/html/

I stayed in a hotel near the port (Holiday Inn). It is located across the street from Bayside Marketplace and really close to the port. I used a taxi to get to the hotel from the airport ($20-$25 for two people) and also to get to the Port from my hotel($8-$10 for two people). I wasn't concerned about free shuttle service as I have found in the past that hotels that offer this service tend to charge more for their rooms.

Autumn3 - How are you? I can't believe I've run into you 2 times today! I was also looking at the 12 day Explorer topic which caught my interest & saw you there. Have you decided on your next cruise? We're going on the Freedom on 11/26/06.

We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Can't beat the location especially with Bayside Marketplace right across the street. We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel, & then we took a taxi from the hotel to the pier.

Gail

I just stayed at the Radisson Biscayne last week and was very satisfied. The room was beautiful with 2 walls that were windows. I could see the ships arrive in the am. They had a beautiful pool and patio. The restaurant didn't have the greatest selection but the bar had some pizza that was excellent. Everyone there was very nice and we really enjoyed our stay. I took a pre-booked shuttle from the airport to the hotel (wish I'd have just grabbed a cab) and from the port to the airport we took a cab for a flat rate of $24.

Archived