Nice People at Princess

Shogun

Hi folks,

With so many complaining about Princess,

I just want to say thank you to Tina at Customer relations, at Princess in Southampton UK,

I have had a few problems, all have been fixed, I have been given more from Princess than what I was looking for,

so well done Princess, looking forward to my next cruise with the.

yours Shogun

Thanks Shogun. I also agree in that in the last few days there have been some harsh critism about Princess. It is nice to read some nice things about the line. Thanks

Marilyn

I haven't been on Princess in almost 2 years and I have read all the comments...negative and positive...there are always more people complaining than not...there are many more cruising today than in the past...hense more complaining...it's a way that people get things off their chest. I personally am greatful that I am able to afford such a wonderful vacation...but every once in a while the complaining bug gets to me and for a short period of time I forget to count my blessings... I prefere being in the counting my blessings mode.

Nicely said Rev :) . I really think that Princess tries. I truly believe that while onboard if you treat the staff with kindness and respect they will give back to you in many ways. I will never forget the look on our room steward's face when we gave him an Easter basket on Easter morning. I know that he would have taken good care of us even if we would not have given him a thing. I know that there are always some crew that do not live up to perfection but if you stop and think about what they may have encountered before you, it is easier to understand. I for one, could not put the smiles on 24/7 that most of them seem to do.

Linda

I have never sailed Princess as you know, however, I have called them on numerous times when I could not get ahold of my TA and everyone that I talked with were very helpful and full of personality. Whew! that was a long sentence. I almost ran out of breath.:D Rev, I know you are getting excited you can almost smell the sea air right?

I have had two days in a row off and have spend the majority of my time checking out the Cruise Critic. However, I did manage to do laundry last night. HEE HEE.

Keep posting everyone and I will keep reading and learning.

I think the actual cruise product and staff once you board is top notch but some of the people that answer their phones in the US customer service dept. sometimes are uniformed and have no authority to do anything......but they should at least get you put into the system and pass you along to someone that can help and does have the authority to make decisions and carry them out. They really need some improvement in that department. If you are just calling up to inquire about a cruise or ask a simple question then it's usually handled well. But the proof in the pudding comes when you do have a problem that needs to be addressed and you keep getting the run-a-round and nobody seems willing or able to take control. That's not right and it's what puts some people off ever booking with Princess again before they even get on the ship. How people handle you and make you feel on the phone is just as important as how the crew on the ship treats you. It all leaves an impression. If people don't complain then how will the cruiselines know when and where to make improvements. True, there seems to have been more complaints then usual this week but that does not make them any less valid then the weeks where there are none and nothing but praise is seen on the board.

Pat

I had several questions about the Lotus Spa and the girl I was talking with did not know the answer so she switched me to the Lotus Spa and Keren was wonderful. She was really informative. I enjoyed talking with her and was told to call anytime they would be happy to help.

My TA says Princess California people are the worstin the buisness. I find the cruise staff the best. I have never had a complaint that they did not take care of pronto. You have to tell them before they can fix it....I think some people forget the first step.:cool:

On my last cruise I had a problem which I reported at the pursers desk, by the time I walked back to my cabin, an officer was waiting to see me.

This is real service, things do break, things do go wrong, the real test is how the company providing the service deals with the problem.

Princess to me take problems , complaints as being very important, and require fixing straight away.

Its a pity so many other companies do not.

yours Shogun

Archived