Valor 05/14/06 suggestions for Roatan and Belize

Patty C.

We just got back from Roatan on Wednesday. We did not have a good experience in this port at all. I did not book through the ship. I did all the planning and research on my own. I will not say any names and places we went (only if you ask me to e-mail you) but if there are people out there who are planning this day for their family you should make sure you have all the info on this port before you go. It was without a doubt the worst experience I’ve ever had in a port on a cruise, and I’ve been cruising for 20 years.

The rest of the cruise (Valor) was fantastic.

You don't have to name names, just tell us what happened so you don't have to email a lot of people. I am interested to hear it, most people rave about their experiences in Roatan. Please educate me before I am there in 6 months.

I would really like to know what happened as well--since I am organizing a big group of us to go on the Valor in November. I was going to hire Victor Bodden and have him give us a tour of the island, go do the Zipline, Iguana Farm, etc. Please let us all know what happened so we can avoid any issues!

Thanks!!!!

Holly

rd, sorry, I never got your e-mail.

I should have started a thread of my own. I apologize to the starter.

The only thing I feel I can say on this board is don't try to negotiate a cab ride from the pier. We were split up and extorted for more money. If you want to be on your own here, book a cab ahead of time. One that will be able to communicate with you.

We went to a Resort that I read about here and were VERY disappointed. I suggest plenty of bug spray with DEET and re-apply often, even if you don't think you're getting bit. This board says that the bites do not itch, that’s not true, my husband was scratching for days.

If I had it to do over again, I'd do a ship tour, and I never do ship's tours.

Archived