Formal wear brands/designers

ParrotHead4Life

can you wait until January? I bought mine day after New Year's from Brooks Brothers. Their tuxes are 25% off then. Pretty reasonable if you don't get the made-to-measure version. After tailoring it fit unbelievably. They also sell them online if you want to check the prices.

perfect! The tuxes may have actually gone on sale right after Christmas if you need a head start (don't forget, tailoring takes about 5 days). The craftsmanship and fabric are really nice...and it's very traditional, so should remain in style for ages.

Good luck!

Take an Aisian cruise and have a made to measure done there or in Thailand and you will have one that is styled and fitted just for you and the lining can be as outragous as you wish. This will offset several hundred$ of the cruise cost and you will look as good as The Donald and have better hair!

Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory out there? (I see there is one in Des Moines) If so, they carry beautiful tuxes for a fraction of the price. I believe my hubby's new tux was about $200, marked down from over $600.

I do not know if you are anywhere near a Nordstrom's Rack. I got my DH tux there at a fraction of the cost in the regular Nordstrom and I could actually buy pants and jacket separately The tailor in the store fitted it to him. Plus I got dress shirts, ties, cumerband there. His studs/cuff links came from the Nordstrom store along with dress (long) socks. formal shoes and white dinner jacket was from Men's Wearhouse.

francine

Thanks for all the suggestions! Unfortunately there's no Macys/Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack in our area, but Minneapolis isn't that far away, and my wife loves shopping up there. Chicago is a possibility as well, for that matter.

We do have a Burlington Coat Factory, I would never have guessed them for tuxedos. It may be worth a look, although the store here in DM is pretty scary.

Steve may be on to something - although who wouldn't have better hair than Donald?? :)

Archived