Drug Stores in Whittier?

joand452

We'll beginning our southbound cruise in Whittier, after a 4-day land tour. Will there be a drug/convenience store near the ships (Sapphire Princess)? My DH uses a CPAP machine and will need distilled water. He'll be able to carry enough for the landtour, but not for the cruise.

I understand we MAY be able to get some onboard ship, but rather not take the chance.

Thanks for your help,

Joan

Unless something new is in Whittier since 2004, there was no drugstore that I saw. Whittier is very small with just a few local tour companies and eateries. Get your water before you get to Whittier. No need to plan any time to explore Whittier, there is not much there.

Actually, we'll be coming on the Princess train from Mt. McKinley Princess Lodge. I better call Princess to see if I can get it taken care of.

On second thought, how about Talkeetna? I believe we can get a shuttle there from the Lodge?

Thanks.

Talkeena may have a small corner store, but there sure isn't a regular grocery store with a big inventory. Maybe you can do a search and find out. Your idea of asking Princess will be the best way to go. Most cruise lines will work with passengers with special needs - check with them that would be the easiest and then you could enjoy the trip without worrying.

Archived