Best Jamaican Souvenir

Noneeds4me

Our daughter! She was born there when we lived in Kingston, giving her triple citizenship, UK, Canadian and Jamaican. After we had been living in Canada foor some time we took her back to see where she was born. Handed our passports to immigration. Hers happened to be on top, got it stamped for entry only, no time limit. The officer looked at the next one and grabbed our daughter's back, thinking he must have made a mistake, then looked t us strangely and said, "How come, mon?" After we explained, he stamped ours for 14 days and grunted, "She has more right to be here than you do!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Carved wooden items and the coffee!

I've been trying to find out about shopping in Ochos Rios, and would be interested in the wood carvings. Is there one spot better than others to purchase ( haggle) for them? What's the price range ? Any tips ?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Coffee! Of course I am an addict. My husband wanted to get rid of our traditional coffee maker (we bought a Tassimo) and I told him no. I am going to Jamaica in two weeks (from today) and I am buying COFFEE!!!

The best souveniers are my memories. This will be my 14th trip to Jamaica. Curiously, it will be my shortest stay. Normally I'm there for two weeks.

Mine was a wooden carved Giraffe. I absolutely love him!!!

That would be my kind of thing too........ Did you see the same things and find prices cheaper in different places? How much off their asking price did they go down ?

Thanks!

Archived