Royal caribbean for children.....

The larger ships are the best for kids. The adventure ocean program seems to be well done and the kids seem to have a great time. We dont even have kids but have seen some of their activities and amenities for the kids. Face painting, dressing up like pirates, doing a little stage show before the evening entertainment, etc.

I know they have children's programs, etc. but is it really good for children? They would not be out of place on board would they?

Thanks!

My DD is 9 and has been cruising since she was 7. She loves it! The children's program is a lot of fun. I had to beg her to stay with me a couple nights because all she wanted to do was go to the kid's program!

my son was 9 when we went on sovereign....was very shy.

did not want to go on the first day...by day 3, he was there everytime they were open til they closed.

we did make him eat with us in the dinning room, and we heard about everything they did that day. he has a blast!

we are going on enchanment this sept and he cannot wait for a.o.!

I know they have children's programs, etc. but is it really good for children? They would not be out of place on board would they?

Thanks!

Depending on the ship and time of the year there will be plenty of other kids on board. If it's one of the biggies (Voyager, Explorer...) there will definitely be lots of other kids, even in fall/winter (when we cruise with our kids). They won't be out of place!

I've been cruising 3 or 4 years with my son and daughter since they were 4 and 6 years old. They love it. We stick to the big ships so there is plenty to do and see and they are never bored.

The RCL kids programs are very good and their staff is top notch - educated, skilled and friendly. We started cruising with NCL - and their kid's program stinks, in our opinion.

My boys, 9 and 6, were on the Mariner of the Seas last fall. They loved it. Really had the best time of their lives. We went to Disney World as well on that trip and they liked the ship better. There were never bored and made a lot of friends in Adventure Ocean.

I will bring them again. It was just the perfect family vacation.

We recently returned from our first ever cruise and the kids had an incredible time. It really is the ultimate family vacation.

If you choose a Voyager-class ship or Freedom of the Seas, your kids will have an amazing vacation. RCI does a super job of organizing activites for all age groups. Our kids played in a supervised dodgeball game, lots of mini golf, a card tournament, an arcade event, a boat-building contest, and too many other activites for me to remember! The evening shows are great for all ages. Plus, just the experience of eating together as a family in the formal dining room each night was great family time.

When your kids were on the Mariner, did they miss the kids pool area (like the one on Explorer)? I just booked the Navigator and she does not have that little area either...so wondered if it was a big deal to them? My kids will be 8 and 10 when we go. Thanks in advance, Alice

My son has no interest in adventure ocean (trust me, I've tried at least one session each trip!) Buuuuuutttt... he LOVES the ship! There is soooo much to do on a Voyager Class SHip, and he has a blast!

Instead of doing it with other kids and camp staff, he does it with his family.

Not knocking those that use AO, just pointing out that it isn't for all kids. Frankly I wish it DID work for my son, just so he could take a break from US! jk If he's there, it is a family vacation, and all is good ;)

Either way, your kids will LOVE it! And I'm guessing that Freedom Class is everything good about Voyager Class... and MORE!!! :D

Good Luck!

A~

Archived