Great Webcam to watch QM2 in Brooklyn

cruiserking

Is it my imagination or is the terminal much nicer than I thought it would be. Looking at the webcam, it looks like a nice circular building with an enormous courtyard and bookstore. Also, there seemed to be a nice trail of trees leading to the buildings. Is this all true?

I realize it is a bummer to lose out on the Hudson River portion of the sailaway, but the setting of the actual port seems quite nice. Is this correct?

Is it my imagination or is the terminal much nicer than I thought it would be. Looking at the webcam, it looks like a nice circular building with an enormous courtyard and bookstore. Also, there seemed to be a nice trail of trees leading to the buildings. Is this all true?

I realize it is a bummer to lose out on the Hudson River portion of the sailaway, but the setting of the actual port seems quite nice. Is this correct?

Trees--- no trees....I posted pictures from April 15th...courtyard- no court yard which picture are you looking at? You may be looking at Governors iland accross buttermilk channel. Former Coast Guard and Army base...closed for 10 years soon to be a water park...

I also think you may be seeing Battery Park and Castle Clinton---PS that's not the cruise terminal. That is Manhattan. The Cruise Terminal is in Brooklyn.

Yesterday the webcam seemed to caputre a shot of a long line of people near trees as they were waiting to get in a horseshoe shaped building.

Then the webcam got progressively closer to the inner courtyard, and their a

appeared to be a kiosk with a bookstore.

Later it cut to shots of the QM2.

That isn't the terminal? :(

Also, do you think if we got there before noon, the porters would assist us with luggage, since they probably will already be there to assist disembarking passengers?

Yesterday the webcam seemed to caputre a shot of a long line of people near trees as they were waiting to get in a horseshoe shaped building.

Then the webcam got progressively closer to the inner courtyard, and their a

appeared to be a kiosk with a bookstore.

Later it cut to shots of the QM2.

That isn't the terminal? :(

Also, do you think if we got there before noon, the porters would assist us with luggage, since they probably will already be there to assist disembarking passengers?

No it is not the terminal. Its battery park and Castle Clinton(where you get the tickets for the ferry to the statue of liberty-which is what they were lined up for) I am sure the porters will be available to assist you any time after 10 am.... or so...

• 4 weeks later...
QM2 in town today, looking particularly stunning. Thought I'd bring this post back up front to admire our girl in all her glory.

Cruiserking

Hi Cruiserking,

I have this site as one of my Hot Favorite Site stored!

I fired up the camera this morning on this most crystal clear day in Brooklyn. She is a site to see today!

My wife and I have some tasks to do downtown and will attempt to get close to the pier in the back part near the Snapple Garage. Can't wait to see her up close for the first time from the Gowanus Expressway and also street level. Also to see the activity around the pier when she is in port.

Thanks again!

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

Hi Eslo,

Yes, she really looks fabulous today against that azure sky. You're in for a real treat. No matter how many pictures you've seen of this incredible ship, you will be mesmerized by her size when you behold her in person.

I continue to be riveted each time I encounter QM2. Grab me an Orangeade Snapple from the garage please, thanks.

Cruiserking;)

Thanks Cruiserking...had forgotten she was in today. What a fantastic shot!! Only 6 months and 10 days to wait for Dec 2nd and my turn! Sure getting more real than when I booked way back last Nov!! Thanks for sharing...Cheers, Penny

Hi Eslo,

Yes, she really looks fabulous today against that azure sky. You're in for a real treat. No matter how many pictures you've seen of this incredible ship, you will be mesmerized by her size when you behold her in person.

I continue to be riveted each time I encounter QM2. Grab me an Orangeade Snapple from the garage please, thanks. Cruiserking;)

Hi All and cruiserking,

WOW, you were right! She was beautiful! Against that crystal clear blue sky New York City has today she was Majestic! The length of her was Fantastic! I got a very good clear picture of her layout and design and it was easy to figure out her external & interior layout. Balconies galore.

She is so high and towering, that we saw her from the Belt Parkway, along the shore, before we got onto the Gowanus Expressway. That is a good 4-5 miles away. She even towers over the highest apartment house in the Redhook Projects. I am glad we live so close and to see her this way since on our day of arrival, we will be to busy unloading the luggage and running into the terminal and not get the opportunity to really look.

At the terminal property entrance we saw her with the old passengers coming off leaving and the new arrivals entering thru Van Brunt & Bowne St. Imlay Street was being blocked by NYC Police Department and directing cars to Bowne. Yes, NYC Police Department was everywhere.

Every gate entrance closed or open around the perimeter was manned by 2-4 Policeman on guard. Very heavy security was present. Also some streets were blocked with PD traffic wooden horses. This was 11:30AM and traffic was pretty heavy on Hamilton Avenue to Van Brunt past the Tunnel Entrance where it turned moderate.

By the Snapple Garage, the farest point, we saw all the activity by the terminal and also the outdoor parking lot heavily used. Going to try to take my parents to see her either on her return on 6/4 or 6/9 before she goes on her TA crossing. By the schedule someone is very lucky to have the opportunity to charter her on 6/4 for 5 days.

Again, this was an experience we definitely will want to repeat. Much different than seeing her in Manhattan on West Street.

Cruiserking, forgot to have a Snapple Orangeade but will have one soon. Glad to see you are a Orangeade fan, I love to drink them.

Regards,

;) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

Archived