January Cruises??

JettaGirl

Hey you guys. I am interested in going on the Carnival Elation out of Galveston leaving January 9th. The only time I have cruised is in March.

It is a Western Carribean cruise. I was just wondering how cruising is in January in the western Carribean? Anyone have any input? Should I go in January or wait a couple of months??

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

January is a great time for a cruise! Actually any time is a great time. . hee hee. . .

We like to cruise in January because the weather is nice, and it is sooo wonderful to get away from the snow and lousy weather in Utah.

Out of New Orleans we have tried to cruise in Jan or Feb. Has always been great. We did go once in July, never again. I'm use to the heat and humidity being in South Louisiana but this was too much. Weather has always been accomodating.

You should love it. Have a great time.

We've done two January cruises. One out of Miami and one out of New Orleans. It was a tad chilly on embarkation day in N.O. and the first day at sea was cooler but still nice. Seas were just a tad rougher on my January cruises compared to May and September. But nothing that bothered us. The days in port were very nice and WARM! If the price is right, go for it!

My family is booked for a cruise in Jan. leaving out of San Juan. We have cruised on the Fantasy in the past (from Miami) the last week in Jan. and it was just too cool. The pools weren't open and everyone was wearing light jackets. That's why we chose to go farther south this time around, to get the warmer weather.

I think January will be a great time to cruise. I've done January cruises and they are wonderful. It's great to leave the cold behind for sunny, warm days. Go for it. You'll love it.

My wife and I have done out last two cruises in February, Valentines Week as a matter of fact. We got stuck in two hurricanes the first two in the fall. Even though the winters are not bad here in Atlanta, it’s still nice to be in MUCH warmer climate during the cold hard winters. We love this time of year so much, we have a third cruise booked next year, same time, different ports. (Actually a Western, just like you this time.) It may make it a little harder coming back to the cold when you’re done, but you should REALLY ENJOY the week in fun and sun. :cool:

We prefer to cruise in Jan. or early Feb., We live in Maine and need to get away from the cold. We have had great weather on all of our cruises. We avoid mid Feb. through April to avoid "spring break" and unsupervised children.

Have a great cruise.

We cruised out of San Juan on 2-1 this year, put on shorts as soon as we hit the airport in Baltimore, it was warm and wonderful all week. I hope we can do the same when we reach Miami in Feb 05!

I also love to cruise during the winter months. I have taken two cruises in Jan. It is such a nice feeling to get away from the cold and get to the warm weather for a week. It is so much fun to come back in the winter with a tan too!

We always like to cruise in January. We've had warm and beautiful weather in the Caribbean on all our sailings. Sometimes when we embarked from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, the weather was cold (for Florida). By the next day out on the ocean and closer to the islands, the weather became tropical.

We were on RCI last Jan. 10th out of Miami. When we left, it was 50 degrees, the next day, it was 80:) That was wonderful! If I could, I would cruise in Jan. every year. The weather was great the entire trip.

Archived