Probably a silly question

candlelady

I know this is probably a couple of silly questions but this is our first cruise. Just booked a cruisetour for Alaska for May of 2007. We'll be on Radiance of the Seas in an aft balcony cabin. I've read that you can buy a "soda" card for about $7 a day but we don't drink much soda but "tons" of bottle water. Is this sold like a soda and if so, do they object to you having some sort of large insulated mug in your room for during the night. My husband and I both wake up at all hours and want water.

The soda card doesn't cover water.

The drinking water on the ships is very good. It is probably purer than your bottled water since it is treated by reverse osmosis. I suggest that you just drink their water. (The water in the bathroom sink isn't as good as the water that you get at the water dispensers, from the bars, and from ice.)

What we usually do is take some sort of sport bottle and just fill it at the water dispensers in the buffet area. That water has always been good to drink. We too would fill it and take back to the room at night.

My wife loves bottled water, I do not know why, and don't care except for the cost. We carry on with us a case. Have never been turned away. You can always pick up more at any store at all ports.

The soda card doesn't cover water. As others have said you can bring your own bottled water, no problem. I brought 2-3 bottles & then refilled them from the ship's desalinated supply. It tasted fine to me. It was much lighter than lugging a whole case anywhere.

Insulated mugs are also no problem. I always had one with me poolside in the afternoons.

Even though it's only water I think it would look a little tacky to walk around with one at night but if it doesn't bother you, it shouldn't bother anybody else. havign one in your cabin would be fine.

We bring two empty water bottles in our luggage (they are light when empty) and fill them with tap water from the ship bathroom tap, which is seldom cold and often slightly warm. Then we leave them in the refrigerator overnight to cool or pour over ice and then back into the bottles for cold fresh water. We have done this with fine tasting water and no illness or problem on HAL, RCI, NCL, X, and Disney. Jim

Archived