hawaii dive/snorkel

bearette

I was thinking about hitting beaches with good snorkeling to fill my days on a hawaii cruise. Does anyone have recommendations of places to go try? (We are going to Hilo, Kona, Nawiliwili Bay and Kahului. ) My husband loves to scuba dive too so I thought with something from a beach we could hang out for most of the day together, but then he can do a drive trip from the beach I am laying on. Does anyone have recommendations for dive tours as well?

I second Hillary's suggestion for Black Rock. Another good one on Maui is Kapalua Bay.

In Kona go to Kealakekua Bay. As I recall, it's best to access this by boat.

Do you know of any dive operators that do guided dives at Kaanapali Beach and Black rock? or would it be better to just rent the tanks and dive from the beach on their own? (he will be bringing his own equipment. An no he won't be diving alone, my sister's fiancee will be with him.) And in case this place doesn't work out how about dive operators for Kapalua Bay? Also do you ahve the same information for Kealakekua Bay? Thanks!

For the K-bay in Kona, it is quite far from the cruise harbour. Most boats nearby won't go there (takes 2 hrs to get there). If you really like to go to K-bay, better to stay in Kona on another trip.

There are many other good dive sites near the ship harbour.

Most dive ops in Kona are good. This guy here lists all the dive ops in Kona:

http://www.wanna-dive-kona.com/

You can also check out scuba board:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=291&order=desc

Archived