Aft cabin 9160 on the Summit

happycruzer

We have booked this cabin for our 4/14/07 westbound sailing through the Panam Canal. Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles.

We love Aft cabins/balconies and thought that we had landed lucky in getting this cabin.

It would seem though that after reading a few posts/forums on aft cabins that this one will be very shaded, I have also read about excess noise. I dont think that the noise will be an issue for us as we are early morning people and love our breakfast on our balcony, but I really feel that I do not want to be shaded for all/most part of the day.

I am quite concerned that we have booked an unsuitable cabin....but is was the only aft other than a GTY FV that was available and my DH really wants an aft......

Can anyone be kind enough to give us some advice or share their experience of this cabin . I would really appreciate any info.

Thank you in advance

Happycruzer

We were over in 9201 a few cruises back.

This is a wonderful location.

You should be getting early am sunshine on the balcony till you get through the canal. Then sunshine as you go up the coast.

About half to two thirds would be covered.

As for sounds - we did not get much. An occasional chair scrape but not a lot to bother me. The buffet area is a close walk to get anything you want right away. And room service is always available for the am on the balcony.

We did after 6:00pm - when the singer came on the deck - had the back sliding door open to listen to the music.

You also will have canapes delivered nightly by your room steward.

If you ask they will give you more than one plate.

Also the Sushi bar is located just above you within easy walking distance.

Get a tray and being some back to the cabin - hopefully there are others on the trip with you. Meet before dinner and share the veranda with them.

You may want to watch out as there is some water spillage off the deck above each am as they clean.

We just pulled the lounge chairs in closer to the doors and sloved that.

Your in a prime location. Keep it and use it well.

We are booked on Infinity....same cabin number.....My thought: A little noise or a bigger balcony hmmmmmmmmmmm I'd take the bigger balcony even with a LOT of noise. The noise won't be 24 hrs a day, but you'll have your BIG aft balcony for the entire cruise........YIPPEE.....Covet that balcony!

My wife and I are in CC 9160 on the Summit on 6/24/06 (Alaska). We will certainly let you know about how it went. We hope to take lots of pictures as well.

PLEASE take pictures and share them with us.......pictures speak a thousand words....if you can somehow record the noise so we all can hear it, it would be even better ;)

Archived