Shower vs. Tub and Balcony

jerseygirl3

I currently have cabin 4128 on the Westerdam. However, I've heard cabins 4164 and 4166 have very large balconies. I can switch to 4166, but I notice it has a shower only. By not having a tub, is the bathroom itself smaller, or is the shower larger, or neither? How does not having a tub impact the size of the bathroom and is the shower a good size? And is it true that 4164 AND 4166 both have the extra large balcony? It's hard to tell from the deck plans if both of them have the extra large balcony.

Thanks!

Good question, as I was wondering the same thing myself!! I recently switched my cabin from aft 5182 to 4166 because of the larger balcony and it ended up being less money! My TA mentioned the lack of bathtub, but I figured I wasn't going to use a tub anyway, and I'd rather have the larger balcony, and the privacy that I wouldn't have in the aft cabin. Having said all of this, I was thinking of asking my TA to waitlist us for room 4164 (not even sure that's possible) just in case that room is better. Just another reason why I check these boards often and read of everyone's expert opinion. It's always very appreciated.

No, those cabins are not handicapped cabins. The handicapped cabins are further forward on that deck, cabins 4132, 4051, and 4052. 4164 and 4166 just have showers rather than bathtubs and supposedly have a very large balcony. I hope the information I was given is correct and both 4164 and 4166 have the extra large balcony. It is very hard to tell from the deck plan.

No, those cabins are not handicapped cabins. The handicapped cabins are further forward on that deck, cabins 4132, 4051, and 4052. 4164 and 4166 just have showers rather than bathtubs and supposedly have a very large balcony. I hope the information I was given is correct and both 4164 and 4166 have the extra large balcony. It is very hard to tell from the deck plan.

Yes, they both have the extra wide balcony.

Dont know specifically or if this applies to others, but some of the nearby staterooms have tubs that are really tiny - more the size of something you'd bathe the dog in at home than stretch out in for a nice long soak...

We had 4128 on the Noordam, and the balcony was large, as is the one for 4164 or 4166. We liked 4128 and it is more forward which might mean less engine noise and less motion. Probably the cabins and verandahs are about the same and it is more likely the decision has to do more to do with personal choice.

Hi jerseygirl .... ready for the invasion of the "bennies"?

:D

Oh yea ... want to add I had a cabin like that recently .. cabin 4007

Don't recall the shower size, but it was more than adequate for me.

It felt like the bathroom itself was the usual size as in the other cabins with a tub. (At least that's how it looked to me ...)

Anyway, you made a good choice. Don't matter if you have a tub, shower, balcony, etc .... you're on a ship. Enjoy!

:)

Vic, the bennies have already begun their descent into our sleepy shore town. The traffic around town this morning was terrible. Everybody down to open up their shore houses and drop off their boats. I guess they figure since the weather is so nice this weekend they might as well get the party started!

Archived