2007 Caribbean

chessbriar

I'm really disappointed that there are no summer Caribbean sailings next year either. After Celebrity came out with their schedule (or lack of it re summer Caribbean :mad:), I checked Holland America and they won't have an summer Caribbean sailings either.

I booked the Caribbean Princess this summer because Celebrity didn't have anything to offer in the Caribbean and neither did HAL. So we are left with either Princess, RCI or perhaps just doing a land vacation next year in the summer instead.

Princess is often much cheaper due to the RCI no discount pricing, but RCI's pricing they have for their just released summer intineraries is competitive and if you book within 45 days of the intinerary being released, you get an extra $100 off. If nothing else, we might just hold something and then take our time deciding.

WOW!:D I just booked the Connie for an 11 day Carribbean and it was not expensive. I got a cc aft. #9201 and they were all sold out of afts on decks 7 and 8.

I'm really disappointed that there are no summer Caribbean sailings next year either. After Celebrity came out with their schedule (or lack of it re summer Caribbean :mad:), I checked Holland America and they won't have an summer Caribbean sailings either.

I booked the Caribbean Princess this summer because Celebrity didn't have anything to offer in the Caribbean and neither did HAL. So we are left with either Princess, RCI or perhaps just doing a land vacation next year in the summer instead.

Princess is often much cheaper due to the RCI no discount pricing, but RCI's pricing they have for their just released summer intineraries is competitive and if you book within 45 days of the intinerary being released, you get an extra $100 off. If nothing else, we might just hold something and then take our time deciding.

Hi Kathy !

We are disappointed about no Summer sailings as well. I was on Century 2 months ago, & I was told by more than 1 person, that Century would definately not be going to Europe in Summer 2007, and was staying in the Caribbean. So much for that discussion :)

Usually, I am pretty vocal (in a negative way) about this, but I have to say that I sort of understand, as Europe is totally hot right now, and you have to go where the $$$ is. I am very optomistic, that when Solstice and Equinox come out, we will probably have a year round Caribbean option, but that means waiting until the Summer of 2009. Ugh.

If you dont like Celebrity's Caribbean schedule, I have more bad news. The 2007/2008 Caribbean season will be shorter than ever. Most ships arent doing Caribbean until Mid-Late December 2007, which means the season will be about 2 months shorter than usual.

We also, will be looking at Caribbean Princess for the next 2 Summers. It is not what we want to do, but Celebrity is leaving us no other choice.

Hi Andy,

Yes, we had read some of the information that Century would be staying in the Caribbean and were very excited about that, planning to book it for our vacation which we always have in August. So we were really surprised and disappointed to see that it was going to reposition. And we also cruise in late November or early December, so Celebrity's shortened schedule means we'll probably be going to Princess or RCCL for that too.

My schedule for the first six months of the year is always very hectic and if we are able to squeeze in cruise, we can't usually book it until a month or so before final sailing, which further limits our options. So all in all, the entire Caribbean schedule for next year is leaving us with few options for Caribbean cruises on Celebrity.

We were on the Caribbean Princess shortly after it began its regular sailings and enjoyed it, although we do think Celebrity's service and food is better. But we know we can have a good time on the Caribbean Princess this year, especially since we book a balcony and know a lot of "tricks" to avoid crowds. But the August vacation is a birthday celebration and we would like a vacation offering pampering and Princess doesn't really give you this. So this is why we are considering a land vacation next year in August instead.

Andy, when are you cruising on the Caribbean Princess? Do you have the Eastern or Western itin? We have the Eastern and prefer it, as the only tendering is at Princess Cay.

Archived