max jet

wanderingjew

Hi, glad to see someone else will be traveling Maxjet besides my husband and me. I booked the flight before they started flying out of Dulles (IAD). They first started their service at JFK to Stansted. I checked with my travel agent and the airline is approved if you buy travel insurance. I know some airlines, the ones close to going under, you cannot get trip insurance with.

No need to go to my first post on this because no one responded to it.

We are flying from Dulles to Stansted in August for the TA crossing to New York. I was surprised as what you get for the price. BA, Virgin Airways, and United all wanted $1080.00 for economy plus and Maxjet had a deal going for roundtrip for $1,000. Since we only needed one-way, it was more expensive, $828. I don't know if the price has gone up or not. Very friendly people to help you make a reservation. Their reservation people remind me of employees at JetBlue. Go to http://www.maxjet.com and go through their virtual tour of the aircraft. They took a 767 and converted it to 102 all business class seats.

We are really looking forward to using them in August.

If anyone has tried their service, please post something on the board.

Thanks,

Christy

And the word here in New York is that EOS is a little better than Maxjet...closer to BA first class, at least according to a comparative review in the New York Times a month or two back...

And the word here in New York is that EOS is a little better than Maxjet...closer to BA first class, at least according to a comparative review in the New York Times a month or two back...

EOS is much more expensive, so I would hope it is more than a LITTLE better. About $4500.00 RT (cheapest fare) vs $1000.00 or so on MaxJet.

EOS also only carries 48 pax, in a configuration very similar to AA's Flagship suites.

MaxJet carries 102, in business class, 2/2 configuration. They ran a special, which expires today and is only good this month. $396+ taxes RT-unheard of for business class service.

There are differences in the two airlines, to be sure. But $1000.00 RT business class, NYC/London is sure worth a look in my book. MaxJet' current price for mid July is cheaper than quite a few coach fares on US/British carriers.

Just flew MaxJet Stansted/JFK. It was fine. Not as luxurious as Virgin or Air France, but for the price, a terrific choice. Food very good, lounge at airport also well done and nicely stocked. Individual movie "machines" given to everyone (not built into the seat in front of you), with on-demand films, games, etc.

Spent the night before at Radisson SAS hotel at the airport, which turned out to be a lovely hotel with a terrific Spanish restaurant.

Just as an aside, the April crossing on the Silver Whisper was great, but service still not up to Seabourn, although the ship itself is beautiful, spacious, and the bathrooms in the suites are amazing.

In the Travel Section of yesterday's Washington Post, it noted Maxjet is having a sale on their flights from IAD (Dulles) to Stansted, England. Round trip ticket is $1,000 including taxes. Travel must be completed by June 2nd. Savings of $750.00. Under "Promo code" you must put in FSS406.

Thanks to the person who wrote the review on Maxjet. We are using them in August to fly to Stansted for the QM2. I had posted a note previously and asked if anyone had used them before.

Christy

Archived