South Beach Dieters Group Meet Here!

WeirdEyes

Thanks Sheila- I sat down and made out 2 weeks menus yesterday and I'm hitting the grocery for the few things I need today. I'm going to at least get everything together and bagged so that it can marinate as it defrosts. We'll be doing alot of chicken and fish over the next few weeks since they can cook quickly. I'm also going to make a big pot of turkey chili and freeze that. I already have vegetable soup in the freezer. I also have a couple of batches of whole wheat pizza dough that I bought a while back so we should be good to go for a couple of weeks anyway. The variety may not be so great but at least it's not prepackaged or restaurant fare like we've been grabbing since we got home with the baby.

Tami

My biggest issue is getting back into a WOEX. I'm still fighting the neck problem from Thanksgiving. There's no way I can do pilates or yoga right now and I've been having a hard time just getting the energy and time together to get on the bike with the new baby. I decided that no matter what I'm going to make a concerted effort to do 15 minutes a day even if I am really tired. I'd just really like to be able to get back to where I was before the whole falling grandma drama with my neck because I was doing 6 days a week then.

Tami

Hi, everybody,

Until today I hadn't been able to see anybody's posts after the last one I posted back in December. I'm at my DD's using her computer and was really surprised to see that there were more posts on here. Very strange....

Tami, I sure hope you'll feel much better soon.

Sheila, your trip to Ireland is coming up pretty soon isn't it? Bet you're getting excited.

Our trip that DH won to Argentina is coming up in just 4 weeks! Found out there is only one semi-dressy evening, so I should be able to pack fairly lightly. I'll have to start getting some warm weather clothes ready, tho.

I'm babysitting at DD's again this week while DH holds down the fort at home. DD had to return to work after maternity leave, but has decided to give her notice and stay home til the baby is older. I love my grandkids to bits, but as my co-grandma has often stated I know now why old people don't have babies! They're terrific, but they can sure be exhausting.

I'll try checking back in from here later... Shae

Shae! I've wondered where you were. Glad to see you're doing fine. Argentina! Wow!! You must be excited! I'm not going to Ireland, but Scotland and England. I'd love to go to Ireland also, but no time. Hopefully, one day though! How's the grandkids doing?

Tami, I didn't realize the new baby was there! Congratulations!! How is everything going? How old is he?

Sheila, Sorry... my memory is "iffy" these days. I should have remembered you're going to Scotland and England. I'm looking forward to going there and Ireland sometime in the next couple of years.

I'm a little nervous about the Argentina trip since it's quite different from our cruises. I think DH said there are 200 of us going. We spend most of our time in Buenos Aires, but with a side trip to the Iguazu Fall by plane and a hydrofoil trip to Uruguay. There are daily activities planned but you can do as much or as little as you wish. Next year's trip is to Hawaii, so I told DH to START SELLING!!! We'll be back from Argentina for just a few weeks before we leave for our Cruise West cruise. I'm really looking forward to that, then it's Tahiti in the fall.

The babies are doing fine, tho my youngest is quite demanding and very particular about how things are done. I think her other GM and I are beginning to teach her some flexibility. She's the most adorable child ever when she's happy, but "not so much" when she's screaming! Good news... very little screaming this week, just some crying and fussiness. DGS is 2 mons. older and going through that "I love everyone and love to smile" stage. He's a pleasure to take care of. I'll have him tomorrow and Friday, and then Mon. & Tues, and will head back to DD's Wed. AM til Friday. This time DH is staying home with the dogs. Our female had a frightening incident of geriatric vestibular syndrome last night and today. I thought it was another stroke. We saw the vet at DD's, then stopped by our reg. vet on the way home. Not a good morning, but at least this is something she will recover from.

I stopped and picked up a bunless Single at Wendy's on the way home, but after this week, especially last night and this morning with the dog I decided I needed and deserved a nice Frosty. I don't even want to know how many carbs were in that! My doctor's report showed all my numbers were as good or better than last years... and that was with doing mostly just Phase III SBD for the past 6 mos. I can't do strict Phase III because I keep losing. At my age too much weight loss can make me look older.

Shae

Shae- Beck will be 8 weeks on Friday. We've had him since Jan. 8. It's been a bit crazy around here but I'm trying really hard to get back on track. I'm only 3 pounds away from putting a 1 in front of my weight and very close to my 40 pound mark. I'm trying to get that one by the end of Feb.

Tami

Shae ~ So sorry to hear about your dog. I'm a big dog lover. It sounds like you have fun taking care of the grandbabies....even when one is screaming. ;) It sounds as if SB really agrees with you. I doing SB Phase II and WW Core combined. I know it sounds crazy, but it is easy for me. I've only lost one lb so far though. :rolleyes:

Tami ~ You are doing so good!! I'm cheering that you'll be in ONDERLAND soon!!! :D

Well, I am glad to say that lost 1 1/2 pounds. That brings my total of weight loss to 7 1/2 pounds. Not much considering I started 8 weeks ago!! Oh my god when I say that it really sounds like nothing!!

Anyway, I work out 5 days a week faithfully. I started the walking tapes at 1 mile and now I am very proud to say I am at 4 miles!!!!!! I also have 30 pounds to loose or now 22 1/2, and think that it is coming off so slowly BECAUSE I am working out. I think I am turning fat into muscle which is heavier.. correct??

I need to be a lot thinner for my cruise in May and I am trying not to get down on myself but I really don't have a lot of time left. One thing I can say for sure is that I WILL be working out on the cruise. Last cruise I gained 8 pounds.

Theresa- I don't lose pounds as fast when I work out either BUT I do lose inches quickly. Keep track of your measurements. That will give you a better judgement than the scale. working out will add muscle so the scale isn't always accurate for losing fat.

Tami

• 1 year later...

Hello I have been on Adkins and have lost a few but does not seem to be working what is the different between this and Adkins and what does everyone eat for breakfast and lunch and dinner any help would be great husband and I both are trying this.

Archived