do you need to confirm 24 hrs before?

howsthis

we didnt but we were delayed by one hour checking in due to the cruise before us being late arriving,(thanks guys!!!)

I dont think they are usually that late arriving.

Check the cruisecam and if your ship is in dock you may be ok.

Big bummer isnt it waiting for them to answer the phone. shame they dont have an automated number like the airport.

Got through after 16 minutes, but she was very nice and talked quite awhile. I said I was ringing as the brochure said to do and she said not everyone does but it helps them to be sure our booking is all ok and we are definitely coming. She confirmed our room number too as she said sometimes that can change.

Howsthis, which deck and cabin no did you get? What dinning time? what shore tours are you doing? Do you live in Sydney or are you flying in? So many questions I have asked but I get very eeeeeeeeeeeeeexcited when one of the cruise family is leaving. suexxx

We have a cabin on the Upper Deck midship, and early sitting for dining and so far have only booked Le Petit Train in Noumea, will decide when we get there about others. We lived in PNG for a few years so expect village tours etc to be fairly similar so probably won't bother with them much. We were involved with a lot of the island cultures at the uni where we worked in PNG. Looking forward to the beaches and snorkelling etc. We live near Newcastle so we are driving down in the morning and expect to board after lunch. Hope I can sleep tonight, so excited!!!!!

I have been on the line for 10 minutes waiting to confirm 24 hrs before we leave as the brochure says, but do you have to do this?:confused:

I wouldn't bother. If there is any major delays they will call you. Checkin for our most recent cruise was delayed by 2 hrs because of Star's late arrival, which they knew about the day before, and we got a phone call the day before to tell us this.

Have a look at your counter, howsthis. Very exciting.

You say you live near Newcastle, me too.

How are you getting to Sydney and if you are driving yourselves, what are you doing with your car?

We are thinking about these things when we go in 6 weeks.

We are toying with the idea of a shuttle that will pick us up at the door and take us to Darling Harbour and return us at the end. We must start looking into it. Any ideas?

Jenny :)

Thanks for your quick response.

We will give it a lot of thought and maybe we can persuade someone to drive us down.

Have a great time.

Jenny

This is my first time too, Jenny, one of my daughters has been before but the other is a first timer too, so we are very excited and running around making sure we haven't forgotten anything. If you can't get someone to run you down then the train station at Wynyard is only a short walk I have been told on this forum, but I can't guarantee it. I never bothered checking with the shuttle, the only ones I have seen go to the airport but maybe the harbour as well, just ring and check, you never know, maybe reasonable.

Wynyard isn't far, bit of a hill though. Don't forget the Krispy Kremes on the way. Have a wonderful time.

Now you've done it, I'm trying to be good, you mean there is a Krispy Kremes near there, I'm a goner then.:eek:

Now you've done it, I'm trying to be good, you mean there is a Krispy Kremes near there, I'm a goner then.:eek:

There's one at Darling Harbour - but it's only small with a limited selection. We went there prior to our cruise! Then we went to the one at the Airport on the way home while we were waiting for our flight. Yum.

Maxx- did u book on a promotional fare? if so the cabin number provided may be of no relevance as location is subject to change. we are not putting our cabin # on our luggage as have been told that we will probably be moved

Yes I got 50% off. The cabin # is only a request, so I will ring & confirm. We have paid for Empress deck so any upgrade would be a suite (fat chance). We were told to confirm & get our cabin #'s then.

Archived