Help -tour On St. Martin

I have signed up with Godfrey's tours on St. Thomas to do a shopping and beach day tour. I need for someone to give me a link to a tour group similar to Godfrey's to do a tour on St. Martin---Any help out there?? thanks--Judy

We were scheduled with Joyce in September and she never showed up.:( After waiting for an hour we found a taxi driver with a van and negotiated a deal with him. He took us to see everything Joyce was plus more and at half the price. His name was George and he was wonderful. The cabs are lined up at the exit from the water taxi downtown, you can't miss them.

Medic,

I'm curious, did she ever contact you explaining her absence? Not that this really helped your situation, and I hate it happened to you, but I was curious if she explained or offered any compensation such as reduced price tour in future, etc...

I contacted her when we returned to the ship. Please note this cruise was during Hurricane season. We were the only ship that did not miss any ports. She said that she got confused as to which ship we were on and she thought we were on one that canceled the port call. Other than an apology she offered nothing, but I really didn't expect anything. I got the impression she really regretted her honest mistake. It was a really crazy week for all the tour operators due to 2 tropical systems in the area and ships trying to sail around them.

Sunny Liston out of St. Thomas has an affiliate in St. Martin. You get either Victor or Bernard. I took the tour with Bernard. He picked us up at the ship, took us to Rima's to shop (don't miss - all the street vendors sell the EXACT same things as they sell in Rima's for TWICE the price), then around the Dutch and French sides of the islands for a tour. We stopped at Maho Beach and a plane went over the van just as we drove up. Cool! We stopped on the French side to shop, but the mall was closed since it was Easter Monday. Then we went to Orient Beach for a few hours. He picked us up and took us back to the ship. $30pp. Well spent. Contact Sunny to arrange: liston@sunnylistontours.com

-Kelly

Lusyrsgirl,

When and where did you get picked up and what time were you returned to the ship?

Thanks

Medic,

Thanks for the followup. It didn't sound like Joyce to stand someone up so I was really curious about the circumstances. None the less, I am sorry this happened to you on your vacation.

Bernard was waiting for us by the Welcome to St. Maarten's sign at 9am. I'm not sure what Victor drives, but Bernard drove an air-conditioned minivan. If you do want to shop at Rimas make sure to tell him first - it's not a scheduled stop, but he does drive right by it. We were dropped back off at the ship after the tour at about 3:15pm.

Archived