What Do You Keep In Your Carry-On Bag?

Garycruz

Aside from the basic necessities- first aid, medicine, travel docs, jewelry, money, ID, etc, what other items do you keep in your carry-on bag?

DW always feels like she keeps too much stuff in her carry-on bag, both onto the plane and then onto the ship. In addition to the essentials above, her bag contains reading material, CDs/player, sunglasses, toiletries and cosmetics, and who knows what else. :rolleyes:

Specifically, she wants to know what others do with items such as shampoo, conditioner and lotion. She carries them on because she is afraid they will spill and ruin the clothes if they are checked. Ziplock bags just don't seem to be reliable enough.

Any thoughts?

- Snacks. Plane food, when it's offered, stinks. I'm particular to Luna bars.

- Bible, CD player/headset/discs/extra batteries, manuscript (I write in my spare time), reading material. I find the in-flight entertainment as unappealing as the food (JetBlue excepted).

- Cell phone and charger. I usually find I need it when I arrive and need a cab, motel room, etc. Just make sure you shut your phone off before takeoff!

As for shampoo, conditioner and lotion - I've never had a problem placing them in freezer bags and placing them in my checked luggage. Just be sure to seal them and seal them well.

Wow! I think just the opposite as everyone else here I guess. I pack as little as possible in my carry-on to board. Usually just docs, money, Passports and camera, and deodorant. I find that if I pack anymore, it is a pain to lug around the ship until the cabin is ready. I don't pack a change of clothes since we usually board in some kind of clothes that we can wear to dinner the first night (and no one really cares about how you are dressed the first night anyway). We book late seating for dinner and have never had a probelm getting our luggage before dinner. If, for some reason it does not show.....Credit Cards to the rescue, we would just purchase anything we would need. I just hate carrying around a big bag on the first day onboard while exploring the ship, having a cocktail and trying to get through that welcome aboard lunch buffet that is always so crowded! So, not much more than a small bag for me.

Mrsfuzzmo

If you cannot afford to lose or go without it, into the carry-on - docs, id, keys, cameras, meds, jewelry, etc. Not saying it will happen, only that it could. Then a light change of clothing should I need it.

Archived