Cruise Timeshares ???

CRU1SEMAN

Has anyone looked into getting one of those cruise timeshares? I am hesitant about giving them my contact for the "information packet", because I think they will probably never stop calling/mailing/emailing me, and I get enough junkmail. Anybody know much about them?

Has anyone looked into getting one of those cruise timeshares? I am hesitant about giving them my contact for the "information packet", because I think they will probably never stop calling/mailing/emailing me, and I get enough junkmail. Anybody know much about them?

I just looked that one and was not impressed at all. You will be stuck with the same week for the entire 20 year term. Unless you can find someone to switch with you and there is a fee for this. ou are also paying maintenance fees as well yearly regardless of whether you take a cruise or not. I will stick with a REAL cruise company that wants your return business, not one that is guaranteed your return business.

Did not even ask. Did not see any prices. Only way to find out is to sign up with a newly made hotmail account and give bogus address and bogus phone number. Thant way you can check the email from them and then forget about the addy. It will be deleted after so many days of non use.

Yea, I know the apartment style ships are just too much to ever buy into. And on top of that 1.8 mil or so you still have to pay a fee every year which is about another $100,000 or so. That's like buying an apartment you can stay almost all year though. I'm just looking for 1 or 2 weeks a year. I think I'll try the hotmail thing and see what happens. It seems with all the members here who take cruises every year (or 2 or 3 a year) that someone would have one. I'll post what I find if anyone is interested.

I just happened to see a booth for Resdidential this weekend at a Pro Golf Tournament. The amenities looked great, but the investment is more along the lines of what you would drop on a vacation home. The floor plans were more along the lines of 1300 sq ft, instead of 185! Also had motorboats to tender you in on, so they go to alot more smaller ports of call.

The ship I saw featured would cruise a 30 day itinerary and you would meet up with the ship wherever you choose.

I was impressed, but comparing it to the experience that most on this board are familiar with, the comparison is more apples to seafood.

We are using our regular timeshare to exchange for our cruise this summer, in fact have done so in the past. You get a (slightly!) reduced price for trading in your timeshare week.

I emailed cruiseshares, I am still waiting for their response. The residential cruise line has prices online, but just the yearly fee is more than I would spend for the same amount of time on a regular cruise ship. For example the 25 day world cruise on discovery is about $6,000. The fractional ownership for the residential is between $120,000 and $666,000 depending on the room, then you spend $8,000 to $20,000 a year after that to have the room for one month a year. I know the rooms are bigger with kitchenettes and such, but who would really do their own cooking on a cruise (like they don't feed you enough)???

Archived