Traveling with Kids

I have noticed in our pre-cruise docs that I am required to show a "Notarized Letter of Consent to Travel" form for my kids that are traveling with me (my husband has to stay back this time) -

Has anyone had to do this before? It it a specific form? Or do I just type one up myself and have a notary sign it?

Any help would set my mind at ease

Thanks

This is an example of what I just used last week. You know, I do these for every cruise I take my daughter on and I have yet for anyone to ask to see it! But I keep doing them just in case. I also make sure I use a Notary who has an actual seal. A signature alone is not acceptable. You fill in the green areas, Dad signs the purple and the Notary fills in the red. Hope this isn't too confusing. :confused: You can find lots of threads about this if you search the Family Cruising forum.

Cheryl

To Whom It May Concern:

I am aware that my daughter, CHILDS NAME , will be traveling with her mother, MOM'S NAME , from Tampa on the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line - Grandeur of the Seas during the time period of April 17-22, 2006. I am also aware that this trip includes stops in Costa Maya and Cozumel, meaning CHILD'S NAME will be leaving the country.

During the noted time period, I give consent for MOM'S NAME to seek any emergency or necessary medical treatment that CHILD'S NAME may need.

DAD'S SIGNATURE

Father

DATE DAD SIGNS

Date

Subscribed and sworn to before me this DATE day of MONTH (month)

of YEAR (year).

NOTARY'S SIGNATURE

Notary Public

Notary Public in and for the City/County of CITY OR COUNTY NAME

And the State of STATE NAME

My commission expires DATE

Archived