irons

jesska

This is a no no but I think we are kidding ourselves if we think people are not bringing them on board. We try to bring clothes that will not wrinkle to badly. My wide will bring a steamer that helps somewhat. When really in need we will use the iron in the ships public laundry. I have read some posts that say wrinkle free spray does a fairly good job. I think Carnival and all cruise lines should scan the luggage and remove all irons before they get on board. Just my opinion.

We iron everything when we get on board, that way it is done, and you do not have to worry about it the whole week. You can be tipsy hwen you are getting ready for dinner, and not worry about burning yourself!:) Just one advantage.

Thanks for your reply. I could have sworn they did have them in the rooms, but maybe that was RC. Do you know if you can bring your own on board?

In your documents and on the website, they ask that you do not bring irons, candles or heating pads. Try the Downey Wrinkle Release, turn on the steam in the bathroom or maybe try the laundry area if you need to get rid of some wrinkles. You can also try various packing methods to reduce a lot of the wrinkles or buy garments that do not tend to wrinkle.

On the website, in the big brochure, and in the "Welcome Aboard" booklet you receive with your docs (in several places) it says:

Irons, heating pads, and candles not allowed in passenger cabins. I've answered this so many times, I finally put it in my signature in red.:D

Leave the iron at home and have a happy and SAFE cruise!

I ironed everything in the laundry room the first evening too. No lines and it was so quiet. I just hung it in our closet after that and we were ready to go.

I wonder what the risks of curling irons are? They get pretty dang hot too. I'd think that would also be a fire hazard.

I ironed everything in the laundry room the first evening too. No lines and it was so quiet. I just hung it in our closet after that and we were ready to go.

I wonder what the risks of curling irons are? They get pretty dang hot too. I'd think that would also be a fire hazard.

They allow curling irons and flat irons... I don't think it has much to do with how hot either get... I believe it has much more to do with strain/pull on the electrical system itself. Same reasoning behind the AC shutting off when the balcony door is open.

They allow curling irons and flat irons... I don't think it has much to do with how hot either get... I believe it has much more to do with strain/pull on the electrical system itself. Same reasoning behind the AC shutting off when the balcony door is open.

I know they allow them, LOL! I was just pondering the risks.

Archived