Legend to Tortola question

jenjes3

Hi daughter and her college friends are going on the Carnival Legend on May 20 and will be stopping in Tortola from 7:00 a.m. till 2:00 p.m. Not very long. What do you suggest these 22 year old girls do. I think the Baths is too long of trip for short time there. Where does everyone suggest to beach it with some facilities? Close beach to port area? Any other suggestions? Thank you.

How long does it take to get to ferry/// then to Virgin Gorda/ Baths and back?

Thank you,

Karen

Hi daughter and her college friends are going on the Carnival Legend on May 20 and will be stopping in Tortola from 7:00 a.m. till 2:00 p.m. Not very long. What do you suggest these 22 year old girls do. I think the Baths is too long of trip for short time there. Where does everyone suggest to beach it with some facilities? Close beach to port area? Any other suggestions? Thank you.

How long does it take to get to ferry/// then to Virgin Gorda/ Baths and back?

Thank you,

Karen

Hi JenJes3,

I'm on the same cruise :D , My GF and myself are thinking about doing the Cane Garden bay beach, from what I'm reading on CC theirs shops/dining/ Beautifulwater near-by. It is near the pier (6$ cab ride), but snorkeling is limited

We have been to Tortola twice this past year (and going on the Legend again in September!) and went to Cane Garden Bay both times. It's a beautiful beach and only 25 minutes from the ship. They have a little of everything....food, drink, shopping. And they have chairs, umbrellas and water chairs and lounges to rent. Nothing beats just floating in that beautiful, clear water!

Karen - If the ship sponsors a a shore tour to Virgin Gorda and the Baths, it would be a worthwhile and safe (meaning getting back to the ship in time) trip. Taking the local ferry on their own would get them back to the Tortola ferry dock about 1:30 pm. While the ferry is reliable, any glitch in the system could leave them high and dry, so a Tortola beach visit would be better for this visit. This is based on our experience on 21 April, 2006. We took the ferry on our own, but our ship wasn't leaving until 4:00pm. Everything went as scheduled and it was a good trip to the Baths.

I agree with the above post. I was on the Legend last May and we did the Baths tour from the ship and although I would have liked to have more time there, it is so unbelievable, that it was well worth the trip. I would do it all again in a heartbeat. At 22, I think the girls will love it, and they will get around a lot faster than I did at 48!!

• 1 month later...

Archived