Maybe cancelling Moby Dick, who to book?

amy4424

Hi, after reading some horror reviews about Moby Dick (MD) and how they switch the boat on you if the nice one is full, I might cancel my reservation with them and book with someone else. I'd like to do the Sting Ray City and then snorkeling. MD was charging $35 per person, I would like something cheaper or the same price. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

So I emailed Moby Dick with my concerns and one of the guys emailed me back saying that the school bus isn't that big of a deal (this is the Caribbean, they can't afford coach buses) and for the old boat thing, they said they were just trying to help out a local guy, but they aren't using him anymore. So, if anyone else has concerns, email them. You also have to consider the people who leave the negative feedback, you don't know, they might be fancy rich people that expect luxury.. not like us country folk :p

Hey Everybody,

I don't work there, or get any sort of kickback, but I do know the guys at Moby Dicks.

They are a great outfit and have professional staff.

I agree with Amy, if you have a question, ask 'em and see what kind of response you get.

I say (IMHO) always go with whoever you get a good gut feel about.

Capt Bryan is good. Capt Marvin is good. And I think you'll be happy with Moby Dick. Regardless, come on down and enjoy. See you there!

Amy4424, I'm not "rich people who expect luxury" but I do expect when I have reserved a specific boat (for 20 people) at a certain time, and I have a series of E-mails confirming that time & that boat, that the reservation as quoted will be honored. It wasn't! If you get Captain Zac, Michael & the Moby Dick boat itself, you'll be fine as we were in December. Our experience in April was not good & I won't take a chance anymore with that outfit.

Archived