Need help with Family Cruise

MOYSHA

We are planning a family cruise. Included will be all ages(up to 70, and from 5 years up) We're trying to figure which line to use taking into consideration price since money is of concern to some. We are looking for a June/July 7 day out of Florida, preferably Tampa. Which cruise line or ship would you suggest? :confused: :confused:

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe only Carnival sails from Tampa. I can't give any advice on that line since I haven't cruised them.

I have cruised NCL and RCCL. My choice would be NCL due to "freestyle" concept. I think you will find any of the three I mentioned fairly comparable in price. Food quality is subjective so I won't go into that except to say that the two lines I have cruised were both fine.

After that it probably boils down to itinerary. I would advise you to research the boards and find ports with activities that appeal to you, and then narrow down your choices from there.

Half the fun is in researching your cruise, and by all means ask questions. Everyone here on CC is incredible in their desire to help. (I think while we are here we are on a "virtual cruise") Helps us get our fix until our next booking!

As long as the youngest one is able to go to the kids program you almost can't go wrong with any cruise you book.

When I am planning a family reunion cruise I look at the age of the kids. (If the kids are misarable so is everyone around them IMO.) Do they have a childrens pool on the ship that I am looking at? Is it a newer ship with a bigger children's area. Is there an area just for the teens in our group to hang out? Does the ship have connecting cabins?

Then I look at the rest of the group. Do they have any specific needs? Or wants? Is food the most important thing to them? Infact when planning our Alaskan cruise we were split between Royal Caribbean and Princess. It came down to which cruise could get us rooms together.

Depending on the size of your group you might want to try and all have dinner at the same table so that you can catch up on the days activites.

Have a great time! It is an awsome way to get together. No one has to cook or clean. And there is usualy something that even the pickest eaters will like:)

Moysha,

I'm Sure Ya'll Will Have A Great Vacation Whichever, Just My 2 Cents, I Went With Carnival Over The Others, Because Carnival Was Offering A Military Discount During Our Travel Times And They Had Rooms For 5, Worked Out Financially Better. As You Will Read Around Here, If Anyone In Your Group Served 2 Years In The Military, Got An Honarable Discharge, Has Their Dd Fm 214 Or Retired Or Active Duty Id You May Be Able To Get A Good Discount On Your Cruise, If This Applies There Is A Ton Of Info On The Topic On These Threads. Have Fun

I can tell you the Carnival Miracle sails out of Tampa every Sunday and goes to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya..... I just got off a month ago with a group of 12 and we had a wonderful time... I would recommend this ship to anyone ... solo or in a group ... I think the ports had enough variety of excursions for everyone and the ship is well laid out and beautiful......we didn't have any young ones but everyone I talked to who used the camp program loved it..... If you would like any other info just email me at walkswife@yahoo.com .... you wouldn't regret this choice......

HAL, Carnival and RCI all sail out of Tampa. The Legend (RCI) is a little pricey, but the kids program on RCI may make it worth it. Since you have a 5 year old and cost is a factor I would dismiss HAL immediatly. It's a great line, but not for little ones and a more expensive, but very wonderful, cruise.

Archived