Costa Maya vs. Cozumel

BlooSky

We were on the Carnival Glory April 8 - 15. At first I was annoyed with the constant changes of ports we went through up to 3 months before we set sail and I really was looking forward to Cozumel. I felt bad for the port of Cozumel and decided to make the best of it. We loved Costa Maya, the beaches were beautiful and the port itself is magnificent and the people are dedicated to making the port even better. There is a gorgeous pool and stage just in front of the port shops (of which there were many). Husbands and children can play and hang out in the pool and the shoppers can shop in peace. The shops are shaded and cool. The shop keepers were the most courteous people I have met yet. There was no begging, no pleading and no following out of the shop. The people were dignified and helpful. I was very pleased with my purchases and the price.

637382538_43CostaMaya.jpg.b0eb5cde143fb59966a81e25da48bcfa.jpg

405708893_45CostaMaya.jpg.118f0a87172842621ab0cf7580fe86da.jpg

1150899487_22CostaMaya.jpg.20f7a2c897422ebe0d1b0aef3ad53bf1.jpg

1650881127_44CostaMaya.jpg.cf9d178532eae3fb466b6279a57fda33.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it!!! I've been to CM 3 times now, and each time it is better!!! It's definitely one of my favorite ports!!!!! I think most people that don't enjoy it, don't explore it!!!! It really is a diamond in the rough :D

Thanks for the information on Costa Maya. It is on our itinerary for 11/18/06 on the Fantasy from New Orleans. I enjoyed the photos very much. Are there any good restaurants close to the pier or pool area that we should check out?

Thanks for the information on Costa Maya. It is on our itinerary for 11/18/06 on the Fantasy from New Orleans. I enjoyed the photos very much. Are there any good restaurants close to the pier or pool area that we should check out?

We ate at a restaurant right beside the pool area that was very good. Sorry, I don't remember the name. There was another restaurant right across from us on the other side of the pool. The menu seemed to be the same, and maybe it was the same restaurant, I don't know.

If you want to go into the fishing village, Majahual, it is a 5 or 10 minute taxi ride away ($3 per person). There are nice restaurants there. Pez Quadro and Cat's Meow are two that I know of. That is where you will find the nice beaches. Have fun! :)

We ate at a restaurant right beside the pool area that was very good. Sorry, I don't remember the name. There was another restaurant right across from us on the other side of the pool. The menu seemed to be the same, and maybe it was the same restaurant, I don't know.

If you want to go into the fishing village, Majahual, it is a 5 or 10 minute taxi ride away ($3 per person). There are nice restaurants there. Pez Quadro and Cat's Meow are two that I know of. That is where you will find the nice beaches. Have fun! :)

Thanks for the info....I plan to take a look at Majahual and will look for Cat's Meow( I can remember that one. LOL ).

Archived