Currency Exchange on Ship?

See Norway

I will be on the Sea Princess in Norway this June. Can you exchange US dollars for the NOK on board the ship? The search engine on the forum was not working, but I did try a search before I asked the question! Thanks.

We have exchanged currancy at the Purser's Desk - note, they do not buy back any money you have left over,(they have a huge jar where you can throw your leftover cash and it then goes to various functions) so just exchange what you truly need. Many of the shops that we've been to will take credit cards, so we usually use them for the large purchases and just use local currency for small stuff.

As Toto says, the exchange rate isn't really good on the ship, but it is close, easy and nice to have it in a pinch. I woud try to get whatever cash you need ahead of time from your local bank.

Hope this helps a little,

Charlie

My suggestion is to use your ATM card when you get onshore. ATM machines are plentiful. It will give you the best exchange rate and you can get the amount of cash you need for the day. For major purchases I would use a credit card.

With a European cruise there is no guarantee that Princess will have both Euros and NOK onboard.

Take care,

Mike

Thanks for the information everyone. We do plan to use the credit card for most purchases, but we wanted a little cash for tips, cabs and such. I like the idea of using the ATM on shore so we only get what we need that day, but nice to know we can do an exchange on the ship if needed. I knew I'd get the answer here!

Regards,

Lauren

Archived