scooters rental

okletmein

Just a word of caution - we rented scooters right from the terminal last year. They appeared to be organized and well run. They took us out to the scooters, gave us a briefing and sent us on our way.

While we were scooting around town - everyone kept yelling and pointing at me (we were a party of three scooters). I couldnt hear them due to the traffic noise and having the helmet on.

Turns out the front wheel was ready to fall off while we were driving!! Need less to say we brought them back in and demanded our money back. They gave us a hard time - wanting to exchange scooters. We refuseded and finally did get our money back.

Just be sure to check the scooters over. We looked best we could but never expected that the front axle would be falling off!!!

Have fun! :)

sadly, once again I found a msg like this waiting for me this morning:

xxx IS ALIVE, ON LIFE SUPPORT. HEAD INJURY SUSTAINED IN MOPED ACCIDENT. MBR WAS AIRLIFTED TO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL AND UNDERWENT EMERGENCY SURGERY TO RELIEVE SWELLING AND REMOVE A BLOOD CLOT ON HIS BRAIN. NEUROSURGEON GAVE AN OPTIMISTIC PROGNOSIS, BUT WARNED THAT HIS INJURY IS LIFE-THREATENING. WE ARE CURRENTLY WAITING TO SEE IF MBR WILL REGAIN CONSCIOUSNESS AND TRY TO BEGIN BREATHING ON HIS OWN.

WITNESS REPORTED THAT xxx WRECKED AFTER GOING OVER A SLIPPERY PATCH OF PAVEMENT. THERE WERE NO OTHER VEHICLES INVOLVED IN THE ACCIDENT. xxx WAS NOT WEARING ANY PERSONAL

PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING A HELMET.

do your friends and family a favor....don't rent mopeds on vacation...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=101123

Archived