Would like to fly in and stay.....

EagerToCruise

anyone done this before? We are looking at a group flying down to spend 3-4 days at Majahual. Is there a resort or hotel in or nearby the village? What is the nearest airport? We visited there on our cruise in March and fell in love with the place. I'd be curious to hear from anyone who has gone and stayed for a few days. Thanks!

Do you have your own plane?

There's an airstrip that will be international one day, just 2-3 miles from the port. The problem is, there's no one to watch a sitting plane if left there, and once you land, you're on your own=there's no phones and no taxi cabs that go there regularly. I don't think you could arrange a cab to pick you up, as they wouldn't know exactly when you're arriving.

I've taken a few trips there and stayed; the only thing I can think you could do is arrange with one of the hotels in advance (if possible) to pick you up at the airstrip. The only way they'd know you're coming is if you could fly over the hotel and let them know you're there so they could leave to go pick you up. (This is what they do in Belize, fly low over the hotel a couple times).

A friend of mine was thinking about going down for a few days too (last year). and said when he started to do some research, it looked as though flying into Cancun, and then taking a bus to Majahul would be the best way to go.

Please post a reply here to let us know what you find in YOUR research. Sounds like a fun mini vacation:-)

I'm also curious to know if there are any decent hotels, or places to stay in Majahul. Anyone have any suggestions?

thanx much,

RP

Archived