Moby Dick Stingray City

tannedfool

After reading some of the negative feedback, it's hard to believe that we were on the same tour! We just got back from our Western Caribbean cruise and Moby Dick's tour was our favorite excursion. We thought the $35 was a great price for a great 3 hours. I didn't really mind the school bus: it must not have been a very hot day because all the wndows were open and we were all comfortable. When we arrived on the ship, there were probably about 35-40 of us. I do have to say that my husband and I ended up standing or sittting on the floor for most of the boat ride, but we really didn't care: it was a gorgeous day and we got to enjoy the breeze and the view of the beautiful water around us. I thought both of our guides were fabulous and had personality. They spent at least 10 minutes or so explaining what we would be seeing and how to interact with the stingrays. They both seemed to be very laid back and truly love what they do. We snorkelled first and it was so nice. Very clear and lots of pretty fish to see. We then went to see the stingrays. They made sure that we all got a chance to hold a stingray or even kiss it (if you want 7 years good luck!). We then returned to our bus and were brought back to the port. You have the option of being dropped off at 7 Mile Beach if you choose, but it definately isn't mandatory.

As I said before, I definately would recommend this excursion. It was a great value (1/2 of the price of the ship's excursion) and was very fun.:)

Everyone will have a different opinion given the same situation. We used Moby Dick last fall and had a great trip, yet when I read some reviews from people on the same trip they complained about the van they rode in and someone also complained about the walkway to the boat being torn up. I thought it was great that Moby Dick still had transportation and a boat slip post IVAN. I guess it is how you look at it, is your glass half full or half empty. Anyway, I would use them again

Archived