Why the different ratings on the M-Class Ships?

cruzin4us

If all of the M-Class Ships are the same, why are some rated better than others? I noticed Infinity is #4 out of 4.........Why???

They are rated in this order by Conde Nast Traveler:

1. Constellation

Celebrity, 89.6

Millennium

Celebrity, 88.8

Summit

Celebrity, 88.8

Infinity

Celebrity, 87.6

Since I'm cruising on Infinity, I'd like to hear some of your opionions.

Thanks!

Laurie

A difference of 2 points on a scale of 1 to 100 is not much. I consider it pretty remarkable that all 4 ships came in rated pretty much the same. Now if they all came out with identical ratings, that would raise some questions.

Not sure how the ratings were gathered, but I would bet that not everyone who supplied a rating sailed on all 4 of the M-class ships within the past year. So it stands to reason that there would be some variation.

Chris

I've been on all four of them and I give them all a 100!

I don't see any difference between the ships.

They are all consistent with great service, food and great cruisers.

The reason I like Celebrity is because they are consistent...I'm never disappointed.

Since I'm cruising on Infinity, I'd like to hear some of your opionions.

Thanks!

Laurie

Recently did a 14 day San Diego to Hawaii on the Infinity. One of my best cruises ever. You should enjoy it.

I think that all these "ratings" have to be taken with the proverbial "pinch of salt"......

First , I doubt anyone surveyed actually sailed on all of the ships surveyed ........ even all the ships of one line, as the OP pointed out.

Second, a 95 rating to one person, for instance, could mean very very good, and to another - just good.

Third, the number of people surveyed vary in terms of how many have sailed on a particular ship - there might be 1000 surveys for one ship and 100 for another.

Fourth, the crew varies from time to time on each ship - a passenger on the same ship sailing at two different times might have a great experience with the staff on one cruise but a less perfect experience the next time.

Fifth, (and this is the one that makes me smile) the "itineraries" portion of the survey - well, it depends on what cruise one was on - a transatlantic crossing in very rough seas one cruise, or a glorious Mediterranean journey on the next...I'm sure the response would vary significantly

I could go on and on, but, suffice it to say that statistically these surveys are flawed, but they do help the marketing dept. of the cruisline to give them bragging rights.

Archived