Boston: Airport to Cruise Dock...Ferry?

Joanelle

I have been told that there is a ferry service which goes from Logan Airport to downtown Boston, and some ferries also go to the Black Falcon Cruiseport.

Research shows that you apparently have to take a free shuttle bus to the "water taxi" stand, and that only some of the lines actually go to the cruiseport. The website for City Water Taxi is confusing in price also. They state that the fare is the following (we are only going one way):

"Fares are $10.00 one way and $17.00 Round Trip to downtown Boston per person. $15.00 per person to Charlestown, North Station and Black Falcon Terminal.

*$20.00 Minimum to North Station and Black Falcon Terminal"

Anyone out there actually done this? Is it practical? How much did you spend? How much is a taxi? I love the idea of starting my vacation on a ferry, but don't want to get stuck waiting (we will arrive for our cruise around noon or 12:30 on a Saturday).

Thanks!

http://www.citywatertaxi.com/stopsandfares.htm

I do not have experience with the water taxi. However, the most cost effective way from Logan Airport to Downtown Boston is the T (subway). Take the SilverLine (which is a bus) from any terminal (cost 1.25) to South Station. South Station is near Chinatown and the Financial District. For more touristy downtown Boston, hop on the Red Line (free transfer at South Station from the Silver Line) and go to Park Street Station.

Oops. I now see that you are trying to get to the cruise port. Take the Silver Line from Logan to Silver Line Way, then Transfer to SL2 to the port.

A regular taxi should not cost too much. The terminal is just across the water from the airport. You will have to pay tolls though. I would estimate 10.00 - 15.00 total.

Archived