Concierge Class - worth the $$$$ ?

Beachcombers

Hi everyone.. we are trying Celebrity for the first time after 10 cruises with other lines.. mostly RCL.. presently booked on Connie, 11 night Caribbean, CC class, aft room with the huge balcony..

We have an opportunity to move to a 2B level room with a decent balcony, but not at the stern, with a savings of $600 USD for the cabin...

Any comments as to whether the CC class, with all it's trimmings, is worth $300 each?

We have to decide by tomorrow.. we'd appreciate any comments..

Thanks

In my opinion it's worth the money.

Search these boards, there has been alot of topics on this. It all depends on what you like?

Just to have the bigger balcony to me is worth the extra money, but if you can get the CC perks too, I believe it's worth it.

We've booked both and I prefer CC over just regular but thats just my opinion.

charlie

Personally, for an 11 day cruise, I think it's worth it. Don't forget the cabin itself will be larger as well...191 sq. ft. vs. 170 sq. ft. Plus all the little amenities that come along with Concierge Class. If it were a 7 day I'd say maybe it's not worth it, but it is for 11 days. Plus you have one of those coveted aft Concierge class balcony cabins. Stick with what you have, unless that extra $600 will put a strain on your budget.

We just had an aft balcony on Constellation this past march. This room and balcony was definitely worth the extra $$. We spent alot of time on that balcony. We had breakfast out there every day. It has a full size table and two chairs and two lounge chairs. The table was set every morning with a table cloth and a vase and flowers. We had fresh fruit everyday put in our fruit bowl. We enjoyed our champagne at sailaway, the shower head is wonderful as is the towels which are much thicker and more absorbent. Fresh flowers in your room and bathroom. We enjoyed cheese and crakers delivered to our room every afternoon. We had the best cabin attendant we have ever had in almost 20 cruises. I would say never give up this aft balcony unless motion makes you sea sick. We had one night that was bouncy. Doesn't bother us but some did not care for this. Other than that night we had smooth sailing. Pat

I would book the CC just for the extra room on a cruise.

I enjoy the room size much more than the perks. I also like being on Deck 9 on the M class ships.

This is just our humble opinion, if you can afford the 600 it is well worth it…the amenities upgrades in bedding , linens , that alone is worth 300 pp on a 11 nighter…. The aft verandah is just a nice added benefit.. Once again just our opinion.

Hey, everyone, we VERY MUCH APPRECIATE your humble opinions, comments and first hand experiences. These boards are invaluable for getting this kind of information our quickly and yes, of course we have made the big decision:

WE ARE DEFINITELY GOING FOR THE CC AFT BALCONY...I'm not sure there was every any REAL doubt, but I did think about my $300 worth of martinis and slot machine fun....for about 24 hours.

So, thanks from the bottom of our hearts, it sounds like real pampering...we're accustomed to the balcony as we always get aft on RCL, but they of course don't have a CC class...and it all sounds just too wonderful.

IMPORTANT:

As a "heads-up" and special thank you for your comments, wanted to make sure you all know about the pricing for RCL's Explorer of the Seas, 12 night Southern Caribbean for '08, yes...'08...with Feb. 3 being the best pricing (or it was on the weekend).

The pricing just came out Friday, and it's fantastic, great ports, but it is out of New Jersey, so one cold day going and returning...but who cares??? The price was so good we booked a JS, mid-hump (no aft this time), 9 of our friends have already joined us. Then RCL's Crown and Anchor (if you're a member) is offering $99 more off for booking within the next few weeks, and we just turned Platinum so found out we get another $200 off....so are we happy campers, or what.

Check it out....we have a great thread going already...with lots of action.....it's going to be a blast....

Thanks again, hope to see you cruzin' with us sometime.

Loie & Peter

Hey, Jerseygirl3 (aka Jo-Ann), thought I rememered you from somewhere, and just realized you had been booked in a CC class cabin on the Connie with us next Feb...but obviously have changed and are doing 2 separate cruises. Thanks for your input, tho' and have a great time on your 2 trips....and think about Explorer Feb. 3/08.

Loie & Peter

I know i am just repeating what everyone has already stated/

But, you made a great choice.

If you can afford it--goooooo for it.

We booked a 14 day Panama canal cruise on the Summit. We were able to get an aft cabin CC for $200/person more. We felt we couldnt say no. The aft balacony alone is so wonderful

Enjoy-enjoy !!

Nadine

Loie, I think you are making a wise choice.

I wish we could still do the 11 nighter on the Connie, but when we decided to do a family reunion cruise next Easter on the Century, it just put too much of a dent into our budget to do both of them so close together. So we cancelled the Connie and are doing a 7 night on the HAL Westerdam. I like that it's from Ft. Lauderdale with port stops in Half Moon Cay, Aruba and Curacao. I liked the fact that we could get to the southern Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale on a 7 day cruise. Of course, it's not that I would mind an 11 night cruise, but with the Century coming so soon after that, the Jan. 28 HAL cruise worked better for us.

BTW, we booked a Concierge Class balcony cabin for ourselves, my brother and his kids, and my parents for the Century cruise. Our four kids (early 20's) are doing one of those aft Sunset Veranda Balcony cabins.

Jo-Ann

Hi Jo-Ann, sounds like a couple of wonderful trips for you.

Just noticed you are from the Jersey Shore and we just had a couple book on our Feb. 3rd '08 Explorer 12 nighter from the Jersey Shore. If you read all my previous post here, it will give you details...you should think seriously about it, as it's out of New Jersey, and the price is dirt cheap.!!!! Let me know if you think of booking it.

Loie

Hi Jo-Ann ---better act fast, it's selling like hotcakes....it's RCL's, Explorer of the Seas, 12 nights, we're all booked Feb. 3/08, and it's on RCL's website, still, at least 3 hours ago, at the same cheap pricing, out of NJ, as I said. We have a huge thread going already, some of us in Grand Suites, some in JSs, some balconies, etc., --it's a great cruise for one of the cheapest prices we've ever seen. I don't know how to link you and Peter's out walking Quincy for his last walk, but just pull up RCL website and there it is....12 nights, Explorer, Feb 3/08 out of New Jersey....outr thread is going nuts.....please come and join us.

We're at: peloma@rogers.com if you want us to get or send you more details, info...but act fast, we figure the rates will skyrocket tonight or tomorrow.

Loie

This was my first cruise. While we LOVED the oversized balcony and that alone would have been worth the extra money, we did not really feel that there were extra perks to speak of. The canapes were not good, our flowers disappeared overnight twice during the cruise and our stateroom attendant did not provide any extra services that I would deem worth the extra money. If the balcony is what you are looking for, do it. However, if it is service you are after I would not do it.

He celinaosu, thanks for the advice, we were kind of hoping the flowers, snacks, fresh fruit and service would all be worth the extra $, along with the huge balcony, of course.

Quick question, when you're in the aft cabin on the deck right below the huge caffeteria/buffet, whatever it's called, do you hear voices, sounds of moving chairs, tables, and can the folks stand at the railing and look down at you. We had this happen on RCL's Brilliance, and don't want to experience it again, that's why we're 8th deck on the Connie. Would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Loie

We just returned from the Constellation Transatlantic, and had a CC cabin (7206). IMHO, it was definately worth it....I enjoy the oversized towels, matching bath mat, duvet linen, pillow choice, and the extra space space within the cabin itself. There is a vertical shelve unit, that is perfect for extra storing.

Karyn

Loie,

It looks like we're neighbours.

We were just on Infinity aft 8176 and absolutely loved it. The canapes weren't great but everything else in CC made up for it. We often ordered a cheese platter instead of the canapes (no charge). Our flowers and fruit were fresh all the time and the service was excellent.

The people above can see you if you're standing at the railing but there's still plenty of peaceful privacy given the size of the balcony.

One of the things not to miss in CC are the breakfasts. The smoothies are delicious.

Happy sailing,

Connie (also from Ottawa)

OK, here's a slightly tougher version of this same question...

DP and I are eyeing a 2B cabin on Constellation for Baltic sailing this August (170 sq ft / 38 on balcony / deck 7 forward). We are being quoted about $3400 per person. CC is available, but it's about $4500 per person. That's $1100 more per person, $2200 total, for a 14-night cruise.

Still worth the upgrade? Why or why not?

Thanks!

This was my first cruise. While we LOVED the oversized balcony and that alone would have been worth the extra money, we did not really feel that there were extra perks to speak of. The canapes were not good, our flowers disappeared overnight twice during the cruise and our stateroom attendant did not provide any extra services that I would deem worth the extra money. If the balcony is what you are looking for, do it. However, if it is service you are after I would not do it.

Hi we have 9160 booked in October how was the noise from above?

Archived