Last Week on SilverMoon I

dlhamlten

This beautiful day of sailing and snorkeling was THE Highlight of our Serenade of the Seas Itinerary !

( See my Reviews of Eli's Xtreme Circumnav on Antigua and Herod on the St Lucia Threads. )

This day was excellent value and the boat is roomy and kept consciously uncrowded - 12 passengers and 2 crew. (We had signed up originally for SilverMoon II, but since 2 people cancelled and they learned that new good friends of ours were on I, they offered us the spots at the lower price. )

They are aware that Cruise Critic boards provide a lot of business and are very friendly and accomodating and serve you all day from the momemt you board. Of course they got good tips from us !

The snorkeling with sea turtles was a unique experience for us and the snorkeling at two wreck sites was also fun.

By way of perspective, this was the last day of tours on this Itinerary and proved to be a welcome and totally relaxing day compared to crowded boats and getting in and out of vans all day. The fact that we could spend it with other great CruiseCritics made it perfect. Of course a few rum punches, pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris they freely provide may have enhanced the mood !

I was considering booking one of these tours, and I have a few questions if you have a moment:

1) Does it get boring being on the boat for 5 hours?

2) What kind of food do they serve?

3) Are drinks included... if so, is it all you can drink?

Thanks!

1. Bored on the boat ? - au contraire. We were sorry to see that we were returning to the ship ! You actually cruise the Barbados coast and see lots of nice beaches, resorts and homes. There are also two snorkle stops - for turtles, puffer fish, flying fish, flounder, feeding snappers etc and a reef/ wreck site. Great for sunbathing and a lot of room to stretch out. Make friends with the other passengers...

2. Food ? lunch was buffet style with brown spicy rice, fried flying fish, macaroni & cheese, salad and I can't remember everything, but you don't go hungry.

3. Drinks were included. You can drink unlimited I imagine until they run out which they did not on our cruise. From the minute you take your shoes off and get on the Cat, they serve you water, rum punch etc. ( maybe juice - I didn't listen after I heard rumpunch. ) There was white wine at lunch. Then after snorkling, they offer Pina Coladas &/or Strawberry Daiquiris and I tried both. They go well with the warm chocolate chip cookies they serve as you sail back.

Hope that answers your questions.

2. Food ? lunch was buffet style with brown spicy rice, fried flying fish, macaroni & cheese, salad and I can't remember everything, but you don't go hungry.

We had beans and rice, macaroni pie, chicken, flying fish, salad, garlic bread, and chocolate chip cookies and I think there were a couple of other things that I can't remember.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived