TA won't cooperate, what to do??

UPDATE----

Even though I wasn't able to get an on-board credit, I just received a confirmation e-mail from the TA showing final payment. When we booked, the room assignments were listed as: TBA/4A, on today's e-mail it indicates E127/4D & 105/4D.

Am I to assume that these are our cabin assignments?

IF so, what is the likelihood they will change prior to receiving our docs?

This appears to be good news.

I have a similar question - Just noticed that the inside cabin we booked for June has gone down and yesterday I wrote an email to our Carnival PVP. I haven't heard back from him - how long should it take to hear if we can get onboard credit? Should I write another email today? Thanks. P.S. when I wrote the email to him that I wanted to book our vacation - he got right back to me - that's why it's odd that I'm still waiting for his answer on this one.

when you booked a tba it is a guarantee cabin. They put you in a cabin no one else booked. I would not consider it an upgrade or anything special. Have you contacted the owner or head of the travel agency? There is no reason your TA should refuse to call Carnival about on board credit.

I have a similar question - Just noticed that the inside cabin we booked for June has gone down and yesterday I wrote an email to our Carnival PVP. I haven't heard back from him - how long should it take to hear if we can get onboard credit? Should I write another email today? Thanks. P.S. when I wrote the email to him that I wanted to book our vacation - he got right back to me - that's why it's odd that I'm still waiting for his answer on this one.

I'd be calling him today. if he isnt there speak to another representative. PRices can go up and down in a moments notice. Print out the price difference sheet so you have something as proof.

remember the price you see on carnivals site do not include government taxes. Where are you seeing a lower price??

I will only use one specific PVP. I had a bad TA and made the switch last year. I get the best service. I am not trashing TA's as I am sure like PVP's, there are good and bad!

Now, I did got an upgrade, on-board credit and a free massage! Uh, the massage came from my DW!;)

I'd be calling him today. if he isnt there speak to another representative. PRices can go up and down in a moments notice. Print out the price difference sheet so you have something as proof.

remember the price you see on carnivals site do not include government taxes. Where are you seeing a lower price??

I saw the price on the carnival website. It is the same category but there were no cabins listed on our floor so don't know if it would apply or not. We need to stay on that floor since we also booked a balcony (no price difference) accross the way and want to keep an eye on the kids in the inside room. Still nothing back from him as of now. Maybe I'll try again today. Thanks for the advice.

To the original OP - I have to say thanks, I saw your posting and then checked the prices for my July Valor cruise, both on Carnival and the website I booked through and the price for an Inside Guarantee had dropped $100 per person. Fortunately I have a great TA, very helpful, I emailed her and asked what was possible. She emailed me back and said she's check, if they wouldn't give and on board credit, she would try for an upgrade. Two hours later she emailed me back again:

"Carnival's first offer was to upgrade you to a category 4D on the Empress deck, but based on your e-mail I requested - very nicely - a shipboard credit. After some discussion this request was granted."

So now I have a $200 on board credit. Yay!

I sincerely hope it works out as well for you.

My on-line agents name IS Steven (yikes)!!!

I have booked the Valor in July and noticed prices going down by 100.00pp and the famous promo code DP7 would upgrade me from a 8a to a 8e! I have e-mailed him several times and he WILL NOT budge! Always the same answer : After Final Payment CCL will do nothing! He won't even call CCL and ask (UUUGGG).

I finally called him on the phone and he said that he would call and check it out (I hope he is honest and really does call). I have a feeling that he is putting me off.

Is there a way to find out if your TA really calls the cruise line?

You can call Carnival yourself and say you are having issues with your TA and request Carnival do a three way call with you and the TA and get the issue resolved. Typically Carnival will offer onboard credit per your request but will only allow once after final payment, so if your rate goes down again they won't give another offer and they tell you that and remark it in the booking.

It's sad to hear so many negative TA stories... there really are great ones... that offer discounts and service... and ones that actually look for rate decreases for you and get them for you and call you with the good news... unfortunately we aren't allowed to say who what when or where... but I think it is a good policy or the site would be littered with that!

I have received 2 rebates totaling $375 to my credit card and also $150 shipboard credit on my July cruise in the Med. I simply called Carnival (who I booked thru) and they quickly made the changes. One drop was before final payment date and 2 after, even though I had paid in full before any of the price drops.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

After being forceful with TA about calling Carnival, He finally did!

Even he was suprised with the outcome..... Upgraded from a 8A to a 8E and given $336.00 OBC per cabin (we have 2). Thank you for telling me to be more forceful with my TA and not accepting NO for an answer.

This is going to be a Great Cruise!!!!

Airman, I would just bet some good money (or OBC!!) that this is the same guy! His supervisor was a nice guy, but I was fed up with this guy's attitude and jsut did not want to deal with that ******n**** company anymore! Glad you got yours!!! NO reason why anyone, whether they are an online agency or not, should not provide decent service to a paying customer.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

After being forceful with TA about calling Carnival, He finally did!

Even he was suprised with the outcome..... Upgraded from a 8A to a 8E and given $336.00 OBC per cabin (we have 2). Thank you for telling me to be more forceful with my TA and not accepting NO for an answer.

This is going to be a Great Cruise!!!!

This may not be the proper thread to post this actually... I'm not saying that my TA is not cooperating. But my concerns about OBC seem to be legit. in this thread.

We are on the 5-31-06 sailing of the Carnival Spirit NB Alaska. We booked months ago through a TA who is a coworkers sister. We made final payment on time. We booked an 8A Guar and when we received our docs the other day we are assigned an 8H. Higher deck is all.. not a full fledged upgrade. Cabin assignment is fine with me, no complaints there. But... I have asked our Ta about past guest discount or OBC and the following was her reply:

"You did not receive a past guest discount, they have special events on board the cruise that you are allowed to go to like the Captians cocktail party. They usually don't give a past guest a discount during high season, you will usually see something during low season but again it is not money off it is special events onboard the ship."

Sure, I'll live, but an OBC would be REALLY nice if I actually am entitled to it as a past guest Alaska cruises are EXPENSIVE! Not to mention $4.50 per beer :(.

My OBC was not issued because I was a past guest. It was issued because the price of the cruise went down from original payment. CCL is offering upgrades to past guests on selected cruises.

All this upgrade/OBC business will take some research on your part first.If you find that your cruise price is going down or CCL is offering upgrades on your sailing call your TA and have them contact CCL.

Good luck!

Archived