More Suites now available on Noordam

jjc5008

I noticed, on the Hal site, that for weeks only inside cabins were left and available on the Noordam, May 21, 2006 sailing. All of a sudden , there is numerous suites available and apparently even the Penthouse suite. Does anybody know how that happens? Surely there have not been that many cancellations for booked suites and yet no apparent cancellations for balcony cabins?

I'm booked on that cruise, and had been watching the occupancy for some time. They were showing a lot of suites and other cabins open, then about 2 weeks ago they all disappeared showing only availabilty in the inside cabins. Now as you mentioned the suites seem to be wide open again. I just went to HALs site and came up with the following availability...

PS 1 of 2 available

SA 16 of 40 available

SB 7 of 12 available

SC 5 of 8 available

Also, when you are on the booking page and click on deck plans, HAL still has the old deck for other the other Vistas, and hence the room numbers are wrong on some of the aft cabins. You have to go to the Noordam page to get the correct deck plan, you think Hal would have fixed this by now.

Doesn't seem right that TA's should be able to reserve cabins for non-existent clients, thereby depriving others of the opportunity to plan travel - either you have a deposit on a stateroom/category or you don't.

:mad:

I just heard from my TA, and they are offering the PS as an upgrade from my SA for 2799 pp. While a discount, it is still more room than I need so I passed. I assume they are trying to sell upgrades to all the suite catagories right now.

I just heard from my TA, and they are offering the PS as an upgrade from my SA for 2799 pp. While a discount, it is still more room than I need so I passed. I assume they are trying to sell upgrades to all the suite catagories right now.

$2799/pp for the upgrade?

$5988 total on top of your SA fare?

Where's the deal in that?

:confused:

The 'deal' would have been rather slight. Had I taken the upgrade at $2799 I would have paid a total of $8322 for the PS. It was listed as selling for $10,874! (all prices pp). Anyway, this morning it was listed closed, so maybe someone with a family or 3/4 people in a cabin took them up on it. Keep in mind that this is a 10 day Mediterranean cruise.

I am a little surprised that with that many open suites they didn't start discounting them. Even now with 2 weeks to go, the SA cabins are listed at the same price they were 8 months ago.

What will happen to the PS if no one wants it for that price? Will HAL keep lowering it until someone bites? or will they let it go empty?

I just noticed that one of the PS is available on or 6/20 cruise and I know my Mom and Dad would love it, but so far no calls from our TA - should I call him to ask what will happen to it?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived