Leaving the ship Self Help In New yORK

voyger71

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been asked.

We are leaving on a transatlantic on 27/06/06 and would like to know a few things about self help.

When we arrive at Brooklyn do we have immigration on board or do we go through we we leave the ship.We are from the UK

Also will there be many Taxis around at that time in the morning for self help or do they turn up a bit later.

Thanks for any help.

Marie

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been asked.

We are leaving on a transatlantic on 27/06/06 and would like to know a few things about self help.

When we arrive at Brooklyn do we have immigration on board or do we go through we we leave the ship.We are from the UK

Also will there be many Taxis around at that time in the morning for self help or do they turn up a bit later.

Thanks for any help.

Marie

Immigration is on shore. Self-help passengers are the first to be called to leave. Last Saturday, April 29, we were called at about 7.30 am and were off the ship within about 10 minutes. The queue for immigration for non-US citizens took about 20-25 minutes. I didn't count, but I would guess there were about 250-300 self-help passengers.

Once out of the terminal, there were ample taxis. Ask at the tour office on board about pre-booking transport

On our trip, immigration was on the ship. Customs was ashore.

I think!!

Karie.

Who is tired (13 hours of work today, laboriously trying to save my files from a hard drive crash, 1 file at a time, using DOS commands! <oh joy!>)

On our trip, immigration was on the ship. Customs was ashore.

I think!!

Karie.

Who is tired (13 hours of work today, laboriously trying to save my files from a hard drive crash, 1 file at a time, using DOS commands! <oh joy!>)

Immigration used to be dealt with on the ship, but not any more - thanks to 9/11 and all that

On the 4/15 crossing to UK, Immigration was done on the ship. In the US both are on shore. Just be sure to ask which line to get in when reaching Brooklyn, as that seems to be very confusing and many were waiting in the wrong lines. US citizens versus other nationalities have separate lines and immigration/customs.

Archived