Constellation Cruisers - can you answer a few newbie questions?

FLsunshinegal

:confused: We're doing the Baltic cruise in June - new to cruising and have a few ship specific questions:

Is the buffet open at dinner, in case we want to miss one or two formal nights? If you've been on this cruise, how formal is formal?

What kind of "snack, i.e., pizza, ice cream etc." food is available during the day/evening other than room service?

How can we make dinner reservations at the specialty restaurant before the cruise? Ditto with the spa.

How are table "assignments" made?

How good are wireless connections on board?

We're staying in CC class.

Any other secrets/things we should know?

Thanks so much for you patience in reading and responding to this. If it's easier, you can email me at FLsunshinegal@msn.com.

Kim

Is the buffet open at dinner, in case we want to miss one or two formal nights? No, but they have alternative dinning. It costs $2/pp and you need to make reservations ahead of time. They turn the buffet area in to a dinning room

If you've been on this cruise, how formal is formal? Tux or a dark suit for men, gowns for the ladies

What kind of "snack, i.e., pizza, ice cream etc." food is available during the day/evening other than room service? hot dog, hamburger, fries, pasta, pizza,

How can we make dinner reservations at the specialty restaurant before the cruise? Ditto with the spa. Can't with the spa, and for the SR only if you are a Captain's Club member

How are table "assignments" made? By the cruise line by age.

Any other secrets/things we should know? You'll have a great time

:confused: We're doing the Baltic cruise in June - new to cruising and have a few ship specific questions:

Is the buffet open at dinner, in case we want to miss one or two formal nights? If you've been on this cruise, how formal is formal?

What kind of "snack, i.e., pizza, ice cream etc." food is available during the day/evening other than room service?

How can we make dinner reservations at the specialty restaurant before the cruise? Ditto with the spa.

How are table "assignments" made?

How good are wireless connections on board?

Any other secrets/things we should know?

Thanks so much for you patience in reading and responding to this. If it's easier, you can email me at FLsunshinegal@msn.com.

Kim

1. I've never worn a tux nor have I ever felt out of place. Dark suit for men. Ladies will have to help you on the rest of the formalness questions.

2. Pizza, gelato, burgers, sushi from 6-10pm, sandwiches---lots to enjoy.

3. Call X or have your TA help with the advance reservations.

4. Your TA will request a table size.

5. The CC breakfast menu is great. (Would you like black forest ham or danish ham or honey cured ham, etc.) Order via a door knock card and have it set up on your balcony for al fresco dining!

TIP: Bring 2 highlighers (different colors) and highlight your order vs. your hubby's so they know how to 'plate' your meal.

TIP: the binoculars in the CC cabins are just one step better than looking through 2 TP tubes. Bring your own from home.

Archived