Renaissance Island Aruba

Tibear

We are planning our excursions and like the set up for this place. As we all know, that scooters and or w/c and beach sand don't mix, has anyone been to this place that could help us with the layout and whether or not it would be suitable for my wife who has ms. She can walk short distances but would like to bring either modes of trasportation with her if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

My husband, who is quadripalegic, and I went to Aruba on Princess this past January. Getting off the ship was easy, gangway was almost level. Our ship had to dock at the end of the pier so to get into town was a good 10 minute walk with me pushing him. I guess that was because there were bigger ships in port that day??? We had book a fully accessable private van for a tour. It was with Lite Life Medicab. They are a patient transfer company on the island but do tours on the side. It was 3 hours and the guide was a GREAT driver. After our tour we wandered around town a bit. Some curb cuts on main streets but if you go off the beated track not so good. Hope this helps a fellow Canadian.

Thanks for the info, we intend to go over to the Renaissance Marriot then take their boat to the island for the day. Info on getting of the boat really helps, now if I can just find someone that could give us info on the island itself.

Thanks again

We own timeshare at the Renaissance Beach Tower so we know about their Island. From the cruise ship terminal to the Hotel where the boat will pick you up is approximately 3 full level hardtop blocks The boat hold's 20 people,a little bouncy at times,make sure you sit up front as the water spray may hit you in stern of boat,the ride from hotel is approx. 12 minutes. When you arrive at Island the dock is made of wood,go to left pick up towels and continue approx 100' ft along cement walk along beach,beautiful beach,some huts,lots of palm trees. open air restaurant bathrooms,showers. I don't see any reason why you couldn't handle it. Any further questions i'll be happy to answer them. hnllulu

Thanks so much, that's exactly the info we needed. One more question, do you think a scooter could be brought on the boat or should we stick to the folding wheel chair? I think there are stairs to go to the loading dock in the Hotel, but is there a ramp?

Thanks again. Tibear

I would think a foldup wheel chair would be your best bet.The hotel has been done over a few years ago so their should be ramps etc. Their is a fixed ladder on the boat,3 or 4 rungs. That should be the hardest part.Employee's very friendly,glad to lend you a hand at anything you want.On the island all ramps to concrete sidewalk, sandy beach is level with concrete.I think Rennaissance web site maybe has pictures of Island. Have a great trip. Hnllulu

Archived