What to do, what to do!?!?!?

starketcher

We went cave tubing last year, so we do not want to do that again this year. SO...I've been going back and forth with the Belize plan!!!!! I do not want to spend ALL day on a tour this time. I know there's not really any place much toshop but I would like to have an hour or so to look around the port shops

My husband does not swim, while I am a certified diver...so diving and snorkling is out. Thought about a water taxi to Caye Caulker & may still do that. But, I am a bit hesitant to do so time-wise.

Thought aout a city & zoo or the city & ruins tour and have been leaning that way. CCL offers one for about $50 each. I usually book independently but have not had any luck finding this tour except thru the ship.

In other ports, I would just wing it and pick up a tour from one of the hawkers on the street, as I've foudn that to be much cheaper route. Is this possible here or not advisable??

I've got to quit waffling!!!!! We are leaving in 2 weeks adn I thought I would at least have some sort of idea what to do by now! Guess we cold shop around and sit at the Wet Lizard>???

We did the airboat tour in the Mangrove forests by Backabush airboat tours (I believe this is the name). Nice guy, he moved there from the states. Saw baby gators, lots of brds, guana, and just missed seeing a manatee. it's only waist-deep, so need for swimming in an emergency isn't necessary either.

Archived