docking in Dubrovnik

We will be going on the Millennium in July and I was wondering if anyone knows where the ship will dock? The person who is picking us up wanted to know if it was the new Gruz harbour or the old port of Dubronik?? Thanks

We were on Millennium last Sept & docked at Gruz Harbour. There was a large bridge (architecturally very interesting) crossing a river right beside where we docked and it was about a 10 minute drive to the old town (and about a 40 minute walk back.)

Just a note.... I've read some posts where people talked of being tendered in (anchored off of the old town) , so not sure if Millennium always docks when in Dubrovnik?

This is a fabulous cruise ... enjoy !!

According to the web site, on our May 26th Mille from Venice to Barcelona, we are tendered.

Would we tender at Gruz Harbour as well?

Did Celebrity have a free shuttle to and from the city?

Although I can't speak specifically for the Millenium. Most often when a ship is at anchor in Dubrovnik, it is just outside the bay southeast of the old city. I am currently onboard Oceania's Regatta; & we just left our anchoring position from there 2 hrs. ago. We were the only ship in the city today. One would wonder how it will be tomorrow when there are 3 ships in port (along w/ V.P. Cheney & other heads of state). On previous occasions, I have been docked beside the bridge. I overheard someone comment today that they are constructing a new cruise terminal here; but I haven't confirmed that information.

According to the web site, on our May 26th Mille from Venice to Barcelona, we are tendered.

Would we tender at Gruz Harbour as well?

Did Celebrity have a free shuttle to and from the city?

The shuttle from Gruz Harbour and back was free on our Millennium cruise, but I think if you are tendered, as liv4cruzin mentioned, it will probably be just outside of the old town.

It's probably a good idea to check the cruise ship calendar for the day you are going to be in Dubrovnik....if there are a couple of ships in port, I would try to get off of your ship asap - the old town gets very crowded and if you can get there before the rush hits, you'll enjoy it a lot more...esp. the walk around the wall. http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/default.aspx

I think we were the only ship in port the day we were there, but by 11 a.m. the old town was very crowded - because of the many bus tours.

Few years ago most of the ships tenedered in fron of the old harbour. Then one of the major companies ship, hit the coast during turn maneuvar and after that they encourage larger cruisers to dock in Gruz. So I guess Millenium will not tender.

So I guess Millenium will not tender.

On Celebrity's website the itineraries for Millennium show "docked" or "tendered" and in Dubrovnik it varies between the two depending on which date your cruise is. e.g. in May they are tendering; in July they are docking.

Thanks for all your responses. I just checked Celebrity's web site and it looks like we are tendering so I'm guessing that we will get tendered just outside the old city as mentioned above. Thanks for the great web site telling you which ships will be in port.

Archived