Tampa Air Port to Ship Port

june2006

Has anyone, who has travel from the airport to the port, ever noticed or stopped at a store along the way? I want to pick up wine/soda/water before hand. I could bring it from home but that seems like a hassel. I figure it would be easier if there was a stop along the way. Not being from Forida I have no idea. Or if anyone knows how I can find out via internet if you know the road or something/anything. Thank you :)

It all depends on what type of transportation you're going to take from the airport to the ship. If you're using Carnival's transportation, then chances are there will be no stopping. But if you're going by taxi, you can tell the driver that you want to go to a supermarket along the route such as PUBLIX. WINN-DIXIE etc. By the way, the trip from Tampa International to the pier should be only about 20-25 minutes. ;)

Thanks Howard :) I am on my own with a taxi so that's good for me. I can stop :D 20-25 minutes ... mmm ... do you happen to know about the cost of the taxi (an idea maybe)?

Alliec ... great ? ... I never thought of that as my flight comes in around 10:30AM. That just never crossed my mind ... keeping my fingers crossed they open at 11AM !!

mmm ... do you happen to know about the cost of the taxi (an idea maybe)?

I asked the same question a couple of days ago and was told it is a $20 flat rate. However; I have also read on different threads that it can be $25 too. Still cheaper than the Carnival transfer fare.

We are going in July so if you find a convenient pit stop that is open (here they start selling at 12 or 1 on Sundays.) then please come back and let me know.

If you get a cab, you can have them stop along the way to get items. There is a grocery store on Dale Mabry Hwy which is enroute from the airport towards the port. There is also a Walmart on Dale Mabry (different shopping center though) and a new store called Total Wine and More. Their website http:///www.totalwine.com shows they sell 1000s of wines, 2000 spirits and 1000 beers. Not sure what they are legal to sell in Tampa though. Here is the info so you can call them to see if they sell what you're looking for. If not, there is also an ABC liquor store on Dale Mabry. The cab driver isnt going to have a problem stopping along the way as long as you take care of him.

Hours

Mon-Thurs 9am-10pm, Fri-Sat 9am-11pm

Sun 11am-9pm

Phone

Address

1720 North Dale Mabry Highway

Tampa, FL 33607-2520

Spoke to a friend at work who shops here and she said they have everything. Wine, beers, spirits, soft drinks and anything you might need to go with them. Beers by cases and from all over the world. Prices on most things are good or better than could be bought elsewhere at a local store. Some things more expensive, but you can get it all at one place this way.

Archived