Ships on a stick

Derfette wanted a "Stick on a Ship" so badly that she went to the cruise host after a trivia that we did not win and asked him for one. He said if she would give him a hug she would get one. Well a couple of hours later she arrived back at our cabin. At least she go her "Stick on a Ship"

I have been on 6 cruises, always wanted one. On my 3rd cruise, my husbands 1st, he won one by acting out the Three little bears with a very small Sombrero ( his head is large) This was quite funny... he deserved it!

Here you go..... a pic of Kyle, who won a Camp Carnival Dance Contest!

He added his to our collection!

I have won for Trivia.. one on each of the last four cruises.

Catrin

146077259sNDnYc_th.jpg.774b3c8a7d1d50674cc951cf6270db03.jpg

I was on the Carnival Spirit 4/16 Ensenada-Hawaii cruise and won 7 ships on a stick during the 5 days crossing the Atlantic. I'm sure someone has done better.

You must be Terry from Survivor?!?!?

When are the other castaways going to get it through their thick skulls....GET RID OF HIM!!!!!

I was on the Carnival Spirit 4/16 Ensenada-Hawaii cruise and won 7 ships on a stick during the 5 days crossing the Atlantic. I'm sure someone has done better.

You wouldn't be boasting, would you?:)

WOW! We have two. One from the Spirit and one from the Pride--both for winning the family scavenger hunt (I'm very competitive!). My DD proudly displays them in her bedroom. But, SEVEN?!! You must be so proud!! ;-)

I was on the Valor this past march and didnt see any given away.

I was on the Valor this past march and didnt see any given away.

A Ship-on-a-Stick is not given away; it is earned. Earned, through hard work and an uncompromising pursuit for excellence. Etc, etc.

You must be Terry from Survivor?!?!?

When are the other castaways going to get it through their thick skulls....GET RID OF HIM!!!!!

I totally agree with you, but he has to lose immunity first, which I'm beginning to believe will never happen!

We tried to win a ship on a stick by playing Name that tune. We did pretty well, but not good enought to win :(

Seven is impressive!

Won one, actually earned a 2nd but did not hang around for the game coordinator to dig one up. What would you do with more than one anyway. Nice little momento from cruise but I think one is enough.

what is a "ship on a stick", some kind of reward?

What is a ship on a stick? The stuff that dreams are made of, that's what....

Actually, it's a really, ahem, inexpensively made plastic trophy featuring a ship on a base with your ship's name.

I got mine on a New Years Day cruise on the Valor. Won a music trivia contest. I swear, they handed it to me and I said "The cruise has paid for itself". I was serious... :D

Valorsos.jpg

(And thanks to the OP for posting this thread - I'd forgotten that I was going to change my avatar.)

We have a friend who wins quite a few of these and ALWAYS gives them to the first child he sees after he wins. It really lights up their faces. It means so much more to him to give them away to a little one. :)

Years ago, they decided to stop giving away the ship on a stick and give key chains and water bottles instead. The ships on a stick were sold in the logo shop with sayings like "Best Cruiser" and "World's Greatest Dad"...stuff like that. I guess that wasn't a popular idea and they went back to giving them away as prizes.

Archived