Infinity Speciality Restraurant

CruiseMob

Ok, I know I'll be thought crazy for this question, but on another cruise line if you are in their 2 higher end suites you can order room service from the speciality restraurant, is this possible? As much as I would love the 3 hour experience in the restraurant we are traveling with young kids and I'm concerned we won't be able to devote that much time - or be interrupted possibly disrupting others - which I would hate. But, I'm kind of a foodie and I would LOVE the opportunity to try the food. If there is no way to order the food outside of the restraurant then is it possible to request a faster experience?

Just a suggestion, as the speciality restaurant is to be slow and enjoyed, I think you can request a sitter for your cabin. I do not think children below a certain age are permitted in there. Enjoy.

I agree, hire yourself a sitter for one night........the kids will love it and so will you. You deserve on night alone ;)

Sorry, I was a bit unclear! I wouldn't try and take the kids with us, but I'm still worried that 3 hours is a bit too long to leave them in the kids camp or with an unknown sitter. Is it really 3 hours long? I did think about maybe getting the little one to sleep and then having the sitter come in, but truthfully by the time she's asleep we're all pretty exhausted. It's the phase we are in life when leisurely dinners a rather difficult - no complaints though!

First, for just a couple you will not take 3 hours. Even if you take the extra wine package it will not be three hours. If you are with a group, the conversation will take the extra time. Secondly the babysitters are staff and seem to do a fine job. Also, after a few days you won't be able to get your kids out of the kids group so I wouldn't worry about leaving them there 3 hours.

My wife and I dined in the Specialty Restaurant on the Summit twice on our recent cruise. Each time the dinner was around 2 1/2 hours. I'm sure it could be done a little quicker, but I would figure on 2 hours. If this is a problem, when you first arrive at the restaurant just explain your situation to see if they can speed the dinner along. But, part of the nice aspect of the restaurant is the ambience and all of the service so I wouldn't speed it along too quickly.

Also, since you were asking about dinner in the suite are you in one of the Suites? If you are, your butler can serve you dinner that is on the menu from the main restaurant and he will bring it to you course by course.

Keith

We are in a suite, is the menu strictly from the main restaurant? Is it possible to order any items from the specialty restaurant? Is this for all suites - or is there any differences in the level of suite?

I hate the idea of being disruptive in any way - even requesting things sped up a bit, I'm a bit tentative about. I also understand how wonderful the whole experience is - which includes the pace, I'm just not sure we can do it right now. Normally, I would say "let's just wait until we see how the kids are adjusting, and then we can decide to go or not", but I'm not sure this could work with the reservation system. I would hate to make a reservation and then have to cancel (is this even possible?), or the other option would be to not make a reservation and not be able to go even if we're able. If there are no alternatives - that's fine, we'll still have a fantastic cruise. Just trying to learn as much as I can before hand!

The butler service applies to all suites. You can order from the room service menu or from the main restaurant menu. We did not ask our butler about the specialty restaurant so I am not sure about that but hopefully someone else will know.

You can make a reservation and cancel it. They will send you a reminder on the day that you have your reservation sometime in the morning. If you need to cancel, just give them as much advance warning as you can (eg., notify them that morning).

You are correct. I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise regardless of whether or not you are able to eat in the specialty restaurant.

Keith

I have used the babysitting service on both X and RCCL. WE used the babysitting service three nights on our last cruise. Our daughter has cruised at 15 months, 19 months and two and half years. She is not old enough for the children's programs. We dined in the specialty restaurant twice on our last cruise as well. We requested the babysitter the first day we boarded and asked for the same person each night. The woman who came was from the Philippines and was great with children. Our daughter did fuss and cry a bit and we had talked about letting her take our daughter out for ice cream or something else, but we ended up ordering room service one night or had her fed the other nights. She never left the room with her.

We felt totally comfortable doing this as we spent time and let our internal feelings be our guide as to have her stay with our DD or not. We were able to enjoy three wonderful nights sans DD which is a rarity. To us right now, fine dining is any place without a drivethrough.

As far as being in a suite and getting a meal from the speciality restaurant, I believe the absolute worst thing that can happen is they tell you no!

Archived