Why is POAm so late leaving Lihue?

What's the story with Pride of America leaving Nawiliwili harbor so late? Isn't she still cruising the NaPali coastline in the afternoons? Look at this picture:

fullsize.jpg

and it was clear that POAm was alongside the pier until just before this picture. It's dusk now; will she just skip the coastline and go home to Honolulu?

I thought when I copied the picture from the bridgecam onto my post that it would stay the same as when I copied it, but clearly it didn't. My post now shows the POAm at the Honolulu berth, though at this time the website shows an at-sea sunrise.

Maybe the pix are so far behind realtime that what you see is invalid. But it sure looked like dusk when the ship was still just leaving Nawiliwili harbor.

I have noticed that the time stamp on the camera is HST and that it is also delayed about an hour in addition to the time zone shifting of +2 hrs from PDT. So it is 9:45 PM as I am posting this, the time stamp on the cam is 6:48, so real PDT would be 8:48 and the extra hour makes it 9:48.

Yes--and by now it is clear to me that the picture that I copy in from the bridgecam continues to update. Rather than copying in the picture as I see it, this copies in the macro that looks at the bridgecam picture. I' ve seen at least three different pix. So I can no longer use this as an example.

Archived