Something Special for the Bride/Groom

Hi Girls,

I see that several of you have been married on a cruise and were with a group of people. Did any of the guests do any cute little something to make your getting married onboard a bit more special?

I will be traveling with my husband who is the Best Man and I would like to do something special for the bride. Of course I do not want to out-shine the MOH! How horrible would that be? I suppose I could ask for my husband as well, is there anything he could do for the Groom to make his day extra special?

Once again, I am not thinking full sized gift here...we will take care of that before or after cruising. Just a small sentiment while on the cruise to make the wedding cruise a bit more special to them.

I am about to get married on a Princess ship. Some ideas.. our travel agent is giving us a spa credit.

I actually ordered a champagne breakfast for what will be my husband at that time. :)

Look into your cruise line and see if they offer special gifts.

I really like the champagne breakfast idea too--I would love to have that myself :) . But if they're not already having it done, you could order decorations for their room or flowers. You can usually do that through the ship. You might also contact the cruise line your'e on to see what other options they have for gifts (chocolate covered strawberries? Yum). I think it's really sweet of you to want to do something special for the couple!

We had our cabin decorated for our wedding anniversary, it was really nice. The decorations were ordered thru the gift section on Carnival. The decorated our cabin before we boarded the ship. Really surprised my husband.

If they have a balcony, a balcony breakfast (if offered) would be nice. A bouquet of flowers delivered to the cabin. A spa treatment (couples massage).

On Carnival they had a beautiful lucite heart with the ship on it. We had our names ingraved, the date, and our "19th wedding anniversary". It was sent to our home about 3 weeks after the cruise. Very special momento for us. We ordered it on the ship thru the gift shop/formal tux rental place.

We were married aboard carnival - some of our guests had ordered chocolate covered strawberries that were decorated in white and brown chocolate like a bride and groom. It was waiting for us after we got married in our room. You can order these directly thru carnival.

We also had some guests give us ship-board drink credits. That was nice because alcohol can get expensive - and we used them all week them on the cruise.

Hope that helps!

Good Luck

Archived