Using the boards: An Icon Tutorial

Ok folks. I thought I would give you a quick tutorial on what some of the new icons mean on the vB boards.

new_posts.gif means that there have been new posts in that thread since you last read it. The thread title will also appear in bold.

If you have posted in a thread, you will see thread_you_posted_in.gif on the left hand side of the thread or you will see thread_you_posted_in_2.gif on the right hand side next to the column for last post.

Clicking on firstnewpost.gif on the left hand side of the threads will take you to the first new post since you last read the thread.

Clicking on lastpost.gif next to the posters name in the last post column will take you to the very last post of the thread.

And finally, for those of you on dial-up, attachment.gif indicates that there are attachments in the thread and you can avoid if you need.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

thanks for the help flagger! i was wondering what those arrow marks and check marks were. thats pretty cool that you can push that arrow button and it takes you automatically to the first new post since i last read the thread. its a lot better than having to scroll through everything!

Thank you flagger. :) Now one more favour if you don't mind. I'm certain I'm not alone on this one.

Is there a set of basic settings that we should be using? I thought that I was all set to go but I still can't use some of the functions. Now I'm not sure if it's me or if the system still needs some tweeking. :confused:

Beth

Thank you flagger. :) Now one more favour if you don't mind. I'm certain I'm not alone on this one.

Is there a set of basic settings that we should be using? I thought that I was all set to go but I still can't use some of the functions. Now I'm not sure if it's me or if the system still needs some tweeking. :confused:

Beth

What is it that you cannot do?

Archived