Polynesian Cultural Centre

lozzajelly

Hi, after our cruise we will be staying for 3 full days in Waikiki and planning to do the Polynesian Cultural Centre. Anyone got any comments please, is it worth going to?

Thanks,

Lozza.

P.S. I just love these boards!!

:D

The Polynesian Cultural Center combines education, fun and a class evening show into an experience you won't soon forget. My wife and I almost always add a visit to the PCC when we make our annual pilgrimage back to Oahu. Here's the link to their official web site:

http://www.polynesia.com/

I never even noticed that alcohol wasn't served to tell you the truth!

The evening show is really, really good. The daytime cultural exhibits would be interesting for about a half hour, IMO, but the nightime show is very entertaining & well done.

• 1 month later...

Little known TIP! You can return to the PCC within 3 days for FREE. If you like it a LOT and I sure do, then you can return for nothing as long as it is within the 3 day time frame.

Be sure and volunteer for any demos as there is always a "prize".

Is it worth it even if we had two full days? For our pre-cruise stay we plan on renting a car, and so far we would like to go to Pearl Harbor, USS Missouri, Dole Plantation, and hiking Diamond Head. Can we get to all these places in a day? I have read that we should do Pearl Harbor and hike Diamond Head early in the morning, so we are debating on whether or not to to go to PCC.

By the way, is it easy to get back to Honolulu from the PCC after the show? If we drove there on our own, we are concerned about being lost at night and not knowing where to go.

THe drive back from the PCC at night isn't too big a deal. Just remember which highway you took over the Pali. Road signs are the equivalent of any city in the US, but sometimes the Hawaiian names can be confusing to new people. In fact, that - rather than the roads, traffic, etc - might be the most challenging part of a first-timer's driving on Oahu.

I just called PCC, last night and charged my tickets for August. I told him about my Entertainment Book coupon and he said to turn them in, when I get there. and my card will be credited the $36.00. :-)

We always returned from PCC via H2/Nimitz Highway, a lot less traffic. I guess nowadays if you are worried about finding your way around, you could always rent a car with GPS, I believe Hertz is one company that offers it??????

• 2 weeks later...

I have my own GPS, and I always bring it on my trips. I buy little velcro tabs at Walmart and stick it on the dash in the rental car, where I can use it as a live map. It's the size of a cell phone, and beats the cost of renting the equipment. Just don't forget to take it with you when you turn the car in. The velcro tabs should come off pretty easily too.

I used to have the same questions concerning the Entertainment Book coupon for the PCC. You just get a straight $36 off your bill, no matter which type of ticket you buy. The coupon does say, "Enjoy one ADULT ADMISSION when a second ADULT ADMISSION is purchased." However, the coupon only has a $36.00 value limit. So if you purchase the $125 package, you still only get $36 off. Does this sound right? I hope I did not confuse you.

Archived