Baymont Inn/La Quinta - Le Jeune Rd.

Hi Guys,

I just thought I would post a review on this one. We stayed ther pre and post cruise. April 29 and May 6.

The Hotel was great and the staff was very friendly.

PRE CRUISE: We arrived in Miami at 1145hrs our check in time was 1400hrs but we called the hotel they sent the free shuttle and they checked us in early.Our room was clean and very nice as was the entire hotel and the free breakfast was very good. They asked if we wanted the shuttle to the Port (without us asking) and were advise it would be leaving at 1100hrs the next day, wich it did...we go to the port about 1130hrs.

POST CRUISE: We got our same room..which was great. They do not offer a shuttle from the Port to the Hotel so you are on your own here. What we did when we found out taxi fare would probably run over $30. We got a shuttle to the airport - $9 each and then called them to get there free shuttle to pick us up from there.

Any specific questions anyone may have I will be happy to answer.

A couple of questions:

How much did you pay for your room and did they charge you from the hotel to the pier?

Also - how was embarkation at 11:30 ?

Thanks!

Mary: There was no charge for the shuttle from the hotel to the pier. Its a complimentary shuttle, you just need to let them know when you check in if you will need it so they can make the necessary arrangements...since they have a shuttle going to the airport every 30 minutes as well.

We were on the lido b4 1200hrs:eek:. Embarkation was a breeze.

Keith, thank you so very much for this review. I'm booked for a pre-cruise stay there in June.

I had read mostly favorable reports (and the unfavorable ones were pretty petty imo). It's great to have an up-to-date review though.

I had read on another board that there is a convenience store a few blocks away. Can you confirm this? I'd like to pick up some soft drinks to take on the cruise in Miami, rather than pack them and fly with them. (And, of course, any forgotten last minute items! LOL)

How did you handle the transfer from the airport to the hotel? I know you said you called them because you were there early. We don't arrive until 5:30, but I imagine we'll have to call them also.

Again, thanks VERY much for your review!

Keith, thank you so very much for this review. I'm booked for a pre-cruise stay there in June.

I had read mostly favorable reports (and the unfavorable ones were pretty petty imo). It's great to have an up-to-date review though.

I had read on another board that there is a convenience store a few blocks away. Can you confirm this? I'd like to pick up some soft drinks to take on the cruise in Miami, rather than pack them and fly with them. (And, of course, any forgotten last minute items! LOL)

How did you handle the transfer from the airport to the hotel? I know you said you called them because you were there early. We don't arrive until 5:30, but I imagine we'll have to call them also.

Again, thanks VERY much for your review!

I also heard there was a convenience store as well but did not actually see one. We had the entire day to sightsee so we actually got our water etc...from a walgreens that was downtown.

Their shuttle does not run automatically so you actually have to call them when you get to the airport...there is a kiosk there with the #'s for all the hotels, their # is 307.

The hotel was extremley nice and clean...like you said the unfavourable reviews were a bit nitpicky.

I am sure you will enjoy your stay. Tell Evy(front desk clerk (a.m.) that Mr./Mrs. White from Barbados say hello.

Absolutely! I wrote it down on my reservation sheet so that I won't forget.

Thanks for the info on the shuttle. I wasn't too worried, I have their phone number and we'll have our cell phones. But, it's nice to know exactly how to get the shuttle.

Archived